• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Reference 2014 - 2015 CPC Board Testing

Rosa Janssen

Hi Everyone,

For those of you taking the CPC Test for the 2nd time and you failed it in 2014, keep in mind that the 2015 Board test will have the new 2015 codes. I found it hard to take the test at times because I had to borrow the proctor's 2015 CPT book and I felt it took some time away from me.

Keep your fingers crossed that I passed the test. I can use some good mojo right now.

Thanks ;-)

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Hi Everyone,

For those of you taking the CPC Test for the 2nd time and you failed it in 2014, keep in mind that the 2015 Board test will have the new 2015 codes. I found it hard to take the test at times because I had to borrow the proctor's 2015 CPT book and I felt it took some time away from me.

Keep your fingers crossed that I passed the test. I can use some good mojo right now.

Thanks ;-)
Hoped that you passed. Good luck.

ElisaCH

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Oh man ... I don't want to have to buy 2015 books since my 2014 are marked up quite nicely. I'm taking the exam in March. Any ideas how we can use our 2014 books and manage this issue?

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Oh man ... I don't want to have to buy 2015 books since my 2014 are marked up quite nicely. I'm taking the exam in March. Any ideas how we can use our 2014 books and manage this issue?
Sorry I don't know what you can do unless you can borrow someone 's CPT 2015 because some codes have been deleted and new codes added. Maybe someone else like laureen or Ruth or Alicia can give you better advice.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I know it's a pain but you really should use current year manuals even if that means B&H a new manual. The exception right now is ICD- you can use any manual 2012 or later due to no changes since then.

I don't recommend borrowing a book you can't write in. Spend the $80 and have your own current CPT professional version.

Mentally you will 2nd guess yourself on questions wondering if there were new codes or deleted codes and it will zap your confidence.

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
I know it's a pain but you really should use current year manuals even if that means B&H a new manual. The exception right now is ICD- you can use any manual 2012 or later due to no changes since then.

I don't recommend borrowing a book you can't write in. Spend the $80 and have your own current CPT professional version.

Mentally you will 2nd guess yourself on questions wondering if there were new codes or deleted codes and it will zap your confidence.

Great advice Laureen.

Anne

Anne's Pics
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I took the CPC exam on 2/7 and aside from having the replacement codes (deleted) it also had the "Complex Chronic Care Management" codes for Medicare patients.

Stephanie Henson

Blitzer
for those of us trying to get certified this year and once we get certified then we will have to show that we are proficient in the 1cd-10 which will be another test right?