• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CPC Advice for my June exam-nervous

Teresa

CPC, CMIS, CMC
I am currently taking the FULL AAPC cource for CPC, my Exam date is coming up VERY SOON (June 30, 2013) and I had previously purchased the practice exam the 2012 version, and my Instructor uses all your BLITZ Videos, Laureen, we love em, Any additional info and words of wisdom, I sure want to pass my first time , I am a bit nervous the closer it gets!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
The practice exam for 2012 should be helpful. Just make sure you glean all the value from it that you can. Take it within the appropriate time restriction. Go back and read and understand the rationales, even the ones you got right. I liked using the AAPC practice exams, too. Some people disagree with me, but I definitely had a few questions on the real exam that were exactly like the ones on the AAPC practice exam, so I felt they were well worth the money.

Pack up everything you need the night before, get a good night sleep, wear layered clothing in case the room is too hot or frigid. I'm a serious breakfast eater and know lots about the importance of nutrition, so I had protein in my breakfast that helped to sustain me and I brought water and energy bars (ate only one). Allow extra time to travel to the exam so you can start the exam as unfrazzled as possible.

At the exam, do some of the easy sections first, such as Medical Terminology and Anatomy.

If you have your books bubbled and highlighted you will be ready!

Teresa

CPC, CMIS, CMC
Thanks Ruth, yes since my CPC Instructor uses Laureens Blitz Videos as part of our curriculum, I bubble & highlite & underline! I have heard that 2012 was the hardest test and a few people had to do a retake, so I guess that makes me a bit nervous.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I understand. Wishing you the best!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Congratulations! So happy for you, Theresa!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
That is great news. Missing by one point is a real kick in the butt. You did it!!!!!!!!

Rosetta D

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
Congrats---getting 1 point below is my fear---glad you passed!!!! :)---what did you do differently when studing from June to Sept?