• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Continuing certifications??

SharonP

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
Hi everyone,
I'm a CPC-A and having absolutely no luck in finding a job. They aren't even calling me back for volunteer work!!! Anyway, I was thinking of adding another credential. It seems having billing knowledge is a big plus. The AAPC is having a special for the month of July for CPB $519.95. I just feel as though I'm studying, studying....and spending money on courses and going in circles. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Denia

Hi everyone,
I'm a CPC-A and having absolutely no luck in finding a job. They aren't even calling me back for volunteer work!!! Anyway, I was thinking of adding another credential. It seems having billing knowledge is a big plus. The AAPC is having a special for the month of July for CPB $519.95. I just feel as though I'm studying, studying....and spending money on courses and going in circles. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi SharonP,

Have you checked out your local AAPC group? They always know about job openings for new coders.

SharonP

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
Hi Denia,

I go to all my AAPC chapter meetings and haven't run into any job openings yet. It seems it's just going to take longer than expected to get my foot in the door. I'm sure it'll happen I just have to keep looking. Thanks for your input!

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
SharonP, are you taking the CPB course through AAPC? If so, what are your thoughts on it? I am thinking of adding that to my certifications to get list.

SharonP

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
Hi Carolyn, I haven't signed up yet. I was thinking about it but the special is only available until the end of July. I might just take some free courses on cms.meridianksi.com.