• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CPC exam, other specality exams results information

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
I hope that it is ok to post this here as to inform people of what I found out reading on the AAPC forum. There are many people waiting for exam results since they took their exams on 7/18. They are all waiting patiently and getting frustrated. It is people all over the country. One was told by the AAPC that due to the large amount of people taking the exams b4 icd10 and on July 18th that is the reason why no results are available yet. I can understand the frustration. Hoping that they will get their results soon so that means anyone who took exam July 25 will probably have to wait too for results. I think that maybe they should have thought about it that they could have a overwhelming amount of people taking the exams. Just giving my opinion only.

Regina Harrison

Hi AnnaB, I took my test June 23rd and scores where posted June 26. I was suprized didn't think they would post so quick that I didnt even check till Monday evening, mainly I waited because I was afraid I failed again. I had to call the AAPC twice still waiting for my certificate to come in the mail, but atleast I know I passed.

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Hi AnnaB, I took my test June 23rd and scores where posted June 26. I was suprized didn't think they would post so quick that I didnt even check till Monday evening, mainly I waited because I was afraid I failed again. I had to call the AAPC twice still waiting for my certificate to come in the mail, but atleast I know I passed.

Congrats to you Regina. You were lucky. Usually post quickly but since there was a ton of people taking it during that time there was a delay in posting results.

RobertaP

Extraordinary multiple hat lady
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
I heard that many people are taking the exam this year, due to ICD-10 coming next year on the exam. I was lucky to get into a seat in Dec. It is a Sunday and I would rather not do it on that day but it was all that was available. I am in So Cal and we do not have that many places to take the exam. It takes a while to just go a simple 5 miles due to traffic. I would think AAPC take care of these problems of having to wait for so long to sit for a board exam by opening up dates and getting the exams out there for everyone to take.

RobertaP

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
I do have a question, who thinks the CPC will be easier with ICD-10? The ICD-10 would have to narrow the choices way down as it is more specific. Any other thoughts??

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
I do have a question, who thinks the CPC will be easier with ICD-10? The ICD-10 would have to narrow the choices way down as it is more specific. Any other thoughts??
I was thinking the same thing Roberta. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
I heard that many people are taking the exam this year, due to ICD-10 coming next year on the exam. I was lucky to get into a seat in Dec. It is a Sunday and I would rather not do it on that day but it was all that was available. I am in So Cal and we do not have that many places to take the exam. It takes a while to just go a simple 5 miles due to traffic. I would think AAPC take care of these problems of having to wait for so long to sit for a board exam by opening up dates and getting the exams out there for everyone to take.
You are right atleast you got in for December. Now Roberta, are you going to use the whole 8 hours this time. you are going to do just fine. Go in there confident. What date in December? Is it b4 Christmas???

RobertaP

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
It is on Sunday December 13.

RobertaP

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
I was thinking the same thing Roberta. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
I phoned AAPC and spoke to a gentleman who said to take the ICD-9 CPC if possible. He seemed to maybe know something we don't...?

RobertaP

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
I phoned AAPC and spoke to a gentleman who said to take the ICD-9 CPC if possible. He seemed to maybe know something we don't...?

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
So you have time then b4 you have to retake the test. What icd9- CPC is he talking about. Is he saying to take the test b4 icd 10 comes into effect on the exams in January?

Anna

RobertaP

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
Yes, he was saying that if a person can get a CPC exam scheduled for this year it would be better, if they know ICD-9-CM.

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Yes, he was saying that if a person can get a CPC exam scheduled for this year it would be better, if they know ICD-9-CM.
Yes I understand.