• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CPC to CPC-H

Lakisha1976

Hi,

I'm currently a CPC looking to take CCO's course for the CPC-H. I'm currently working multiple contract positions and I'm a single parent. I don't understand why I'm so scared to start the class. I know I'm going to have to give up my jobs, which will mean less money coming in, I'll also have to get back in "study mode" or "test mode" and I haven't had to do that in years. The re-adjusting to all that is delaying me. I know it's for my own good and my own advancement but I think that I've gotten too comfortable in the CPC only. Is it just me? Has anyone else had to give up some things and sacrifice??Any suggestions? I find myself thinking about this decisions almost every day!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Could you do the course but go at a slower pace so you don't have to give up work?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Don't give up your job(s) before even starting. Start it first, and see if you can work in time w/o sacrificing your income. You may find you enjoy learning the material, and studying will be a pleasure!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I know how you feel. I have done three at a time and it is killer but the money is SO good. Are you sure you can't pass the CPC-H without the course? Maybe you should try a practice exam. The Blitz will help you and honestly you may be able to do it. Especially if you are doing production Inpatient or Surgery center coding already.

I would take a practice exam from the AAPC for the "H" and if you struggle get the Blitz which put you over the top in your skills.

Lakisha1976

I know how you feel. I have done three at a time and it is killer but the money is SO good. Are you sure you can't pass the CPC-H without the course? Maybe you should try a practice exam. The Blitz will help you and honestly you may be able to do it. Especially if you are doing production Inpatient or Surgery center coding already.

I would take a practice exam from the AAPC for the "H" and if you struggle get the Blitz which put you over the top in your skills.
Alicia,

I have never touched an inpatient or surgery chart. AT ALL! And that's what I'm nervous about!! However, I think the Blitz is a great idea!!!!!!!!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
It is always a good idea to try practice exams. I purchase them to see how I do then I can gauge what I need to study. You may surprise yourself.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I have a question regarding the CPC-H credential. I am a CPC-A. If I take the CPC-H exam and pass it, I will get a CPC-H-A credential. Now the question: When the "A" is removed from the CPC, will it be removed from the CPC-H at the same time? Thanks for your help!

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Yes. Meet the requirement to remove your A and it will work to remove the A for all of your AAPC certifications.