• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

End of the year

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
How many of you are working hard to get certified in 2012?

Karen Fan

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
I have been working real hard to get certified this year. Unfortunately I only got 63 % on my second test. Bummer. Does anyone know if you can take the CPC 3 times in one year. Or do I have to wait until next year? Or else get certified with someone else??? I have looked around and have not seen anyone to certify with that I would trust yet. Any ideas please let me know. Karen

Linda Charlwood

PASSED CCS/Got the job!/wrk frm hme/PUP all day!
Blitzer
Hi Karen,
If you have not purchased the Blitz you should! It's VERY helpful - topics are broken down so well and make everything soooooo easy to understand!
I also found a website today that offers practice tests - so after you go through the Blitz you can get these tests - the fee is so low for what you get - I have learned a great deal in just the one day so far - here is the website and there are a few different certification tests you can choose from - I got the CCS- check it out and see if they have one for what you are studying for - I got 5 tests each 100 questions (so 500 total questions for $40!!!)
Use this promo code for a discount SAVE-QPZM - but even w/o the discount the test I got would have been about $47 here is the website:

http://www.ccstestprep.com

I am not sure if there is a test for CPC specifically but one of the other would probably cover what you need - I am doing the blitz videos but am preparing for the CCS.

Anyway......best of luck to you!!

Linda

Karen Fan

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Hi Alicia and Linda

Thank you for all the great info, Yes I am a Blitz customer as well as a replay club member, and I have the 150 question test. However I do not have access to any other forum pages for some reason. Anyway Linda I did go to the site that you suggested, and they have a cpctestprep.com as well. I also have taken the course for CCS as well, but I am too terrified of taking the real test so I am trying to pass the CPC instead. Linda if I get the cpctestprep program can I list you as a referred from friend? On another note, I have to go to a chapter meeting tomorrow, then I will be back on this site.

Karen

Linda Charlwood

PASSED CCS/Got the job!/wrk frm hme/PUP all day!
Blitzer
Hi Karen,
Of course please do list me as the referral freind and use the promo code above to get a discount!!!
What CCS course did you take? And what 150 question test do you have?
I know what you mean about the CCS test being a bit nerve racking but the pay off could be career altering in the best of ways! So I am gonna go for it because what the worst that can happen......I fail and have to take it again.......no worries.....it's just a test! :D
But if I pass..........now we're talking' money!!!! WAHOOO!
Best of luck to you!

roohi

Hi Linda,
Can you take CCS before CPC? In your opinion is it better to take CCS? Can you please explain.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Linda, is the CCS test as bad as everyone says it is? I am thinking about taking one of the AHIMA tests and I want to pass on first try because I know AHIMA does not give you retakes.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
If you want to get an AHIMA credential under your belt go for the CCS-P as it tests you on the same knowledge you had to pass the CPC. The CCS is an entirely different animal with the DRG and principal diagnoses rules and volume 3 procedure coding.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Thanks, Laureen. That was another credential that I am also looking at and I am leaning toward to getting the CCS-P. I think that the CCS-P credential will give me more options of where I want to work. Do you know if the Carol Buck series have a CCS-P study guide similar to the CPC study guide?