• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Failed :\

Anne

Anne's Pics
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I took my CCS yesterday in NJ, and failed. I have studied nightly. Read and reread guidelines. used the AHIMA CCS prep exam, PRG and CCW in addition to the Blitz videos (I just purchased the 2014 edition). I have stalked and been on the CCS study group on facebook, and I have found and read all that I could both online and in all the coding publications. My fibro fog has not only gotten worse, but also kicked in a lot over the past several months - it was worse when I left the test site after being given the "FAILED". As I told my fiance I ended up on the parkway north instead of parkway south, and for those in New Jersey, I was at exit 168 when I needed to be getting off at exit 140. UGH!
I WILL TAKE THIS TEST AGAIN!

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
Sorry that u did not pass. You have a great attitude to take the test again. Did u find out right away?

Anna

Anne

Anne's Pics
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Thank you Anna. I did find out as soon as I completed, which was good. I took the weekend off from studying and will jump right back in tomorrow and map out a new action plan.

Anne

TiffanyM

I have taken the test 2 times and have not passed yet. I took my last of the year this past Saturday and don't feel good about that one either. I always run out of time. I have taken the Blitz course as well, CPC study guide from AAPC and their practice test, CCO's pratice test. you do have a postive outlook which is good and you are not alone. Now I will have to buy new books and pay again for the test. At least AAPC gives you two tries. Sometimes I feel like giving up.:(

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
I have taken the test 2 times and have not passed yet. I took my last of the year this past Saturday and don't feel good about that one either. I always run out of time. I have taken the Blitz course as well, CPC study guide from AAPC and their practice test, CCO's pratice test. you do have a postive outlook which is good and you are not alone. Now I will have to buy new books and pay again for the test. At least AAPC gives you two tries. Sometimes I feel like giving up.:(
TiffanyM,
Hang in there and don't give up. Eventually you will pass. Do you have the blitz videos? Have you checked out CCO's tips on you tube.

TiffanyM

TiffanyM,
Hang in there and don't give up. Eventually you will pass. Do you have the blitz videos? Have you checked out CCO's tips on you tube.

Hi there - yes all of that I did the Blitz and I am a part of CCO's webnair's I listen to the live sessions every month. I believe my real issue is with time. I start off really good and then I start to slip a little - tried and then i have to fill in the ones I missed. I am trying so very hard. Thank you so much.

Anne

Anne's Pics
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Hey Tiffany, how about you and I don't give up together? We may not live near by, but that shouldn't stop us from being able to study together or help each other... how does that sound? Aside from me being determined, I'm what my grandfather would call "one stubborn polish woman" LOL.... I cannot and will not have my ex-husband's words ringing in my ears "I told you, you couldn't do it" therefore, I WILL do it! Are you with me?

TiffanyM

Hey Tiffany, how about you and I don't give up together? We may not live near by, but that shouldn't stop us from being able to study together or help each other... how does that sound? Aside from me being determined, I'm what my grandfather would call "one stubborn polish woman" LOL.... I cannot and will not have my ex-husband's words ringing in my ears "I told you, you couldn't do it" therefore, I WILL do it! Are you with me?
Ok. Ok. Yes let's do it, I will keep my head up:rolleyes:. Yes let's work together. I am studying for my CPC-H and CPMA. I notice that you are with AHIMA, but that is ok. Like you, I feel I am very knowledgeable with guidelines, and my issue is with timing. I want that warm and fuzzy with every answer that I bubble in. Some of the vascular coding is tricky with me and anatomy and I need to work faster. I do have a strategy / game plan when I go in, but I tend to get exhausted around 31/2 to the 4 hour. Thank you so much for your response. It's nice to have someone to talk to.

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
Hi there - yes all of that I did the Blitz and I am a part of CCO's webnair's I listen to the live sessions every month. I believe my real issue is with time. I start off really good and then I start to slip a little - tried and then i have to fill in the ones I missed. I am trying so very hard. Thank you so much.
You are welcome and good luck to you.

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
Ok. Ok. Yes let's do it, I will keep my head up:rolleyes:. Yes let's work together. I am studying for my CPC-H and CPMA. I notice that you are with AHIMA, but that is ok. Like you, I feel I am very knowledgeable with guidelines, and my issue is with timing. I want that warm and fuzzy with every answer that I bubble in. Some of the vascular coding is tricky with me and anatomy and I need to work faster. I do have a strategy / game plan when I go in, but I tend to get exhausted around 31/2 to the 4 hour. Thank you so much for your response. It's nice to have someone to talk to.
I am studying for the CPC exam sometime next year. I am so hoping I pass. I want to see the CPC-A at the end of my name.

Anna

Anne

Anne's Pics
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I opted for the CCS because our office is being in the process of merging with a hospital; when time and finances permit I'm hoping to go for others. Currently I am the billing & credentialing manager for a family & internal practice.

Like you, my issue is timing; I get fibro fog a lot and have short-term memory issues which are getting worse and I also have chronic migraine syndrome - it all stinks!

TiffanyM

I was going to go with one of the AHIMA'S but that is very last on my list - any extra time is going toward ICD10 training. I am ordering new books for 2014 and Laureen's 2014 blitz and ICD10 as well. If I could just pass my test.. well stay in touch.

Rosetta D

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
I took my CCS yesterday in NJ, and failed. I have studied nightly. Read and reread guidelines. used the AHIMA CCS prep exam, PRG and CCW in addition to the Blitz videos (I just purchased the 2014 edition). I have stalked and been on the CCS study group on facebook, and I have found and read all that I could both online and in all the coding publications. My fibro fog has not only gotten worse, but also kicked in a lot over the past several months - it was worse when I left the test site after being given the "FAILED". As I told my fiance I ended up on the parkway north instead of parkway south, and for those in New Jersey, I was at exit 168 when I needed to be getting off at exit 140. UGH!
I WILL TAKE THIS TEST AGAIN!

I feel you pain---about getting exhausted. I have taken CPC test 2'x have not passed but very close---I had different technique game plan for both tests ---and if I could combine scores I would definitely pass..:)
I have major neck issues that affect my whole body and when you are not feeling your best affects concentration...During the test my arms were getting numb I raised my arm so the circulation would start flowing and I think the proctor thought I was raising my hand..lol..Also under the table I was trying to stretch my legs ---sitting for 5 h 40 min really does a number on my body...lol
Can you get a medical form due to your medical issues to extend your time slightly ?

Anne

Anne's Pics
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I've just paid for my re-test for the CCS, and asked for the additional time. I now need to ask my doctor to complete the ADA form for the additional time. I'll be dropping that off to him this week. With the weather we've been having here this weekend, I've taken advantage of the 2014 Blitz videos and have been restudying AGAIN! I'll be going over my PRG, CCW and AHIMA prep books AGAIN! My primary issue was timing; I do believe. Being a coder already, I now realize that when I took the exam, I did exactly what I was not suppose to do - I read the reports! That's what I need to do at work, but at the exam, I need to look at the diagnoses and go from there .. I need to work backwards in a way.

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
I've just paid for my re-test for the CCS, and asked for the additional time. I now need to ask my doctor to complete the ADA form for the additional time. I'll be dropping that off to him this week. With the weather we've been having here this weekend, I've taken advantage of the 2014 Blitz videos and have been restudying AGAIN! I'll be going over my PRG, CCW and AHIMA prep books AGAIN! My primary issue was timing; I do believe. Being a coder already, I now realize that when I took the exam, I did exactly what I was not suppose to do - I read the reports! That's what I need to do at work, but at the exam, I need to look at the diagnoses and go from there .. I need to work backwards in a way.
I am glad Anne you are going to get the ADA form filled. Any extra time can help right.

Anna

joannesheehan

CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
Take a deep breath and stay calm. This test means so much to you that it can be affecting your thought process as well as your stress level. I am sure you know your material but I can say with all honesty, that taking exams used to stress me out so badly that I could not remember my name. Also, it is true that if you study too much just before the exam your brain is tired and foggy. I now look at these exams as a fun challenge and think...what is the worst thing that could happen? I will just have to take the exam again.
These tests are challenging, (so don't be too hard on yourself) and sometimes how we process a question or operative report may be different than what is actually being presented - but there is a system to the way questions are presented and once you figure out how to get the right answer on a few, the rest should fall into place. If you have taken the exam before, try and think how everything looked.
I wish you the very best. You will do this and when you do...you will be flying high!!!