• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

ICD Flummoxed about the ICD-10 PCS

Jennylee20c

Hello,

I am trying attain the CIC cert from the AAPC, I bought the exam, I bought the ICD-10 PCS training (because there is no single class on ICD-9 Volume 3), and I bought the 2015 "Hospital Bundle" of books from the AAPC. This "Bundle" does not contain ICD-9 Volume 3. Isn't the test on ICD-9 Volume 3? I have no more money left to purchase anything, but how am I to learn to code from Volume 3 if the AAPC doesn't offer the book, and doesn't offer the class, by itself?
I have written the AAPC three (3) separate times and I haven't received one single response.
I am working so hard to better myself and my family, and I am so confused. Do I just reschedule the test in October so that I can test on ICD-10 PCS?
Does anyone know where this mom of almost 3 kids, working full-time, in school for my RHIT part-time, and studying for this CIC exam, can find a free ICD-9 Volume 3 book and free training for ICD-9 Volume 3?
I had intended to take the CIC exam in April, because my 3rd is due in August and I really want to take this exam with as many brain cells as I have left.
Thanks, from the bottom of my heart, from an overwhelmed CPC mom.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)

Jennylee20c

Thanks! So far, everyone I've spoken to has been confused as to why the "Hospital Bundle" does not have the proper books in it. Especially since ICD-10 still isn't 100%.
I appreciate your response! I have to actually call the AAPC today because, oddly, they haven't responded to even one of my email concerns.
I am a little disappointed with their service right now.
Thanks!!!!