• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

I passed the CPC!!!!

Jennifer Wood

I took the CPC exam for the first time on Saturday and just got my results back - I passed with a 93%!!! I can't believe it! I'm so excited! I ordered the Blitz videos but, unfortunately, did not have time to watch all of them. Laureen's bubbling and highlighting technique was a big help, though, and I appreciate all of the time management tips I've learned from CCO.

Also, in the last Healthcare Business Monthly, I noticed that some newly credentialed members were listed as "Magna Cum Laude." Just out of curiosity, can anyone confirm what the criteria is for this? I've heard either 90% or 95% and was wondering if anyone knows for certain which is correct.

Thanks again to Laureen and CCO for all of the great test-taking tips and strategies!

Jennifer Wood, CPC-A

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Congratulations Jennifer - you are Magna Cum Laude! It's 90% or higher :)

Jennifer Wood

Anna, I used Laureen's bubbling and highlighting technique, and that was a big help in finding the codes and guidelines more quickly. I also used the AAPC official study guide and their online practice tests. All of these were extremely helpful. There was a lot of great information in the rationales provided with the practice tests and the exercises in the study guide. I absolutely think doing the timed practice exams was key in preparing me for what to expect and helping me determine the pace I needed to work at. I allowed myself 1 hour per column (30 questions), and that seemed to work out great; I was able to finish the exam with enough time to recheck my answers and go back to the questions I wasn't sure about.

Hope this helps! :)
Jennifer

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Anna, I used Laureen's bubbling and highlighting technique, and that was a big help in finding the codes and guidelines more quickly. I also used the AAPC official study guide and their online practice tests. All of these were extremely helpful. There was a lot of great information in the rationales provided with the practice tests and the exercises in the study guide. I absolutely think doing the timed practice exams was key in preparing me for what to expect and helping me determine the pace I needed to work at. I allowed myself 1 hour per column (30 questions), and that seemed to work out great; I was able to finish the exam with enough time to recheck my answers and go back to the questions I wasn't sure about.

Hope this helps! :)
Jennifer

Yes it does thanks Jennifer