• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

I PASSED!!!

MelodyM

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Yay! I passed the COC exam on the first try! So thankful for the Blitz and all the other resources you've made available. Without them, I couldn't have done it!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Congratulations Melody! Feel free to share your experience with newbies here https://www.cco.us/forum.

I'll add your name to our congratulations post for the week :) (if that's not ok let me know)

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Yay! I passed the COC exam on the first try! So thankful for the Blitz and all the other resources you've made available. Without them, I couldn't have done it!
Congrats melody,

Any other tips you can share?

Thanks

MelodyM

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Congrats melody,

Any other tips you can share?

Thanks
Thank you so much!

Timed practice exams are a MUST! Of course, bubbling & highlighting, and watch Laureen's video on time management.

Don't forget to take a watch when you take the exam. I forgot, and almost cried when I saw that the testing room didn't have a wall clock. I asked whether they were allowed to tell us as each hour passed, but no one else seemed to want them to do that. They only wanted them to announce when 1 hr was left, then 30 minutes. I was baffled. They obviously werent Blitzers! I have no idea how anyone could feel confident taking the exam without the help of CCO! (Fortunately, we had to move to a different location and it did have a clock!!!)

AnnaB

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
Thank you so much!

Timed practice exams are a MUST! Of course, bubbling & highlighting, and watch Laureen's video on time management.

Don't forget to take a watch when you take the exam. I forgot, and almost cried when I saw that the testing room didn't have a wall clock. I asked whether they were allowed to tell us as each hour passed, but no one else seemed to want them to do that. They only wanted them to announce when 1 hr was left, then 30 minutes. I was baffled. They obviously werent Blitzers! I have no idea how anyone could feel confident taking the exam without the help of CCO! (Fortunately, we had to move to a different location and it did have a clock!!!)
Thanks Melanie

MelodyM

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I saw a comment on another thread that reminded me of something that was very helpful to me: I read the General- and Chapter-Specific Guidelines in ICD-9 every 3-4 days. Each time I read them, I noticed details that I hadn't comprehended before. It also became easier to remember where to find a specific guideline when I needed to refer to it. As Laureen says, "Become one with your manuals!"