• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A ICD-10-PCS

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi Mary,

Eventually but not this year - probably 2nd quarter of 2014. Our main audience has been the physician / outpatient based coding but we get asked constantly about the CCS / inpatient coding so do want to accomodate that audience as well.

Thanks for being a member. What kind of coding do you do?

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
Maybe Mary & I will be students together again for ICD-10 only this time at CCO! Laureen I am guilty of helping Mary to become a CCO groupie like me lol. I have been practicing ICD-10 questions at Codebusters. I am pretty good with the Dx's, but just got the PCS recently so hopefully the procedures will be as easy. I really need to take the course so I can become a pro! :)

Laureen, I'm going for the CCS and the CPC-H. I have my RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) credential from AHIMA. I have become a CCO junkie thanks to Lori Woods. I coded 20 years ago after I graduated from the Health Information Management program at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center. Management was not for me so I went to the clinical side of healthcare for many years (medical assistant, patient care tech). Then, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and my doctor advised me to get out of patient care. I was coding pre-HIPAA and a whole lot has changed since I first started. I have now become a coding junkie as well.