• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Official CPC Certification Study Guide 2013 vs. 2014

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Has anyone seen both the Official CPC Certification Study Guide, 3rd edition (2013), and the 4th edition (2014)? I will be taking my CPC exam after the first part of 2014 and am wondering how much difference there is between the two books? Is it necessary to buy the new version, or will there only be a few changes?

Also, I have been noticing that a few of the chapter questions (that I've seen thus far) are not specifically covered in the chapter as I would have expected. Did anyone else notice the same thing? Are we supposed to refer to our manuals when answering some of the questions?

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
I have never seen the official CPC certification study guide so I can't help you. Hopefully, someone will be able to answer your question.

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
It's been recommended that we use this guide to study for the CPC exam, along with the Blitz videos, Nevergiveup. You may want to consider getting it. It's put out by AAPC.

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
I just check the AAPC website. I dud not purchased it when I signed up for the courses I took.

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
You don't have to. I believe Laureen recommended it during one of the Blitz videos, and I find it helpful. I'll take all the help I can get.

Nevergiveup

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Practicoder
You don't have to. I believe Laureen recommended it during one of the Blitz videos, and I find it helpful. I'll take all the help I can get.
I am sure you are going to do just fine. Is this your first attempt?

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Yes, I have taken the CCA exam and passed, and that was a bear. I also graduated with Assoc. Degree from billing and coding program with highest honors, so I think I'll do okay. However, it's been a year since I finished school, and I don't recommend others wait as long as I have to take this exam. It's too easy to forget all there is to know.

dljones2we

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Thanks, Nevergiveup. I'm sure both of us will. :)

Does anyone know the answers to my questions.