• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Practicode Student Plan

M Elliott

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
CCO Practicoder
What is the difference between the various plans for Practicode? There are the student plan, silver, bronze, gold, and MCP versions listed. I am especially interested in knowing more about the MCP version as that appears to be a practicum. Is it a different practicum than is offered by the AAPC through Practicode to remove the "A" from a CPC-A?

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
The differences between plans are just what is included the plans go by points gold having the most each specialty is worth so many points CCO offers the best price for the best plan but it is not yet approved to remove the A like AAPC yet that is only 600 charts where CCO is many more at thousands
PLUS, Get All Future Modules
As They Are Released At No Extra Charge!

http://signup.practicode.com/
http://goo.gl/C4fNTY

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
This video is helpful in explaining the differences between what is offered by AAPC and CCO in their respective Practicode offerings.
Practicode AAPC Vs Coding Certification.org | Practicode Reviews

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Practicode doesn't have points anymore. The CCO version has over 3000 cases and growing from our own cases and rationales being added and those from Practicode. The AAPC versions are limited in size and scope - you can't sort by specialty etc. So they are more for removing the A - not for practicing by specialty. Ours is part of a course - you get an instructor and a weekly class to attend.

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
Oh I wasn't sure as I couldn't call Bob as he was 4 wheeling LOL Will AAPC's course be the only one that can help people remove the A? or will CCO's course eventually be approved for that as well?

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Looks like AAPC is going to maintain the monopoly on that I'm sad to say. It's a business after all :)

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
That's what I thought :mad: That's ok CCO still Rocks & AAPC will never match that :)

Leslie

I still need some clarification on Practicode. If I purchase the CCO to do more hands on experience of Practicode, I can get CEUs if I'm already certified is that correct? I'm looking to going back to more front end/hands on coding vs doing the claims side after its been coded for insurance processing. I need to get a refresher so I can hopefully get a job to do coding at home or possibly be an auditor. Would that be an option to accomplish these goals? Also how long is the Practicode available for? I am having audio trouble with my computer right now to see Alicia's presentation. Thanks.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
AAPC does not allow CEUs for our version of Practicode. I would view Practicode as a way to get experience with real documentation and practice your coding skills to improve your speed and accuracy - kinda like improving your bowling score :)

Are you a certified coder already? If not I'd pursue the CPC exam. If you have enough experience you could use just the Blitz videos and practice exams but if you need a full course consider CCOs as it uses the same AAPC curriculum (books and exams) and our video lectures and bonus material. And the Blitz is bundled into our course. Here are a few links to check out.

PBC - Physician Based Coding Course Info Page
CPC Exam Review Blitz

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)

louise

CCO Practicoder
Thanks Laureen! It's so easy, CCO is the best way to go. I'm signed up and just finished my first two Practicode exercises.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Way to go - get that proficiency up!

elenipete

COC-A
Blitzer
CCO Practicoder
Since I can't use practicode from AAPC to remove my A (CPC-H-A), can I use the practicode from CCO for experience? CCO's practicode seems much better! Lookin g forward to getting it! But after the first of the year

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You sure can. It is actual cases. We have our Thursday night class where we go over the Practicode cases. It is a lot of fun.