• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Study for the CCS

Currently have the CPC and have found that many hospital positions want the CCS. I would like to know the best way to study to take the exam. The CPC offers a retake for the investment, but the CCS does not. I do not want to fail the first time. I welcome all information. Thank you.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I have not taken the CCS Cheryl but my MCBT students are qualified to sit for it if they choose. The test is set up differently then the CPC. Here is a video clip from the July Webinar where Laureen expands on that a bit.
Keep in mind that if you see on a job listing CCS you can still apply. It might be a matter of edcuating the employer. I believe the AAPC just came out with a flyer the other day that explained the benefit of the CPC certification as the Gold Standard designed for employers.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I have not been able to find the link to the flyer again. It came to me in an e-mail and I printed it. After that it seems to be lost in my cyber space. This came to my work e-mail at the college. Monday I will try to give the AAPC a call and see if I can get them to send a link. This would be an excellent paper to have to either educate yourself on how to articulate the value of the CPC credential. In addition you could also send a copy to your future employer. I would imagine if you contact the AAPC they would be willing to send it out to anyone you wished it to go to. Market yourself in anyway you can to land that dream job.