• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A What does "not, except, most, least and greatest." mean?

JeannieG

Soon to be CPC, Future CPMA
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
So since my exam is a week from today, I received my confirmation letter from AAPC. I went to their site and looked through their "Tips for Taking an AAPC Certification Exam" page and found this in the list:
  • Read each question carefully. Note such words in the question as "not, except, most, least and greatest." These words are often crucial in determining the correct answer. However, there are no "trick" questions on the exam, so don't worry about hidden words or meanings
What exactly does this mean as far as to note these words? Least and greatest I get, but not sure about the others.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
They are just trying to warn you to read carefully. A question might be "which of the following is not considered an act of fraud?" vs "which of the following is considered an act of fraud?" If you read the question carelessly you will end up with the wrong answer. You know what the words mean; just read the question without skipping over those words and you will likely get the right answer.