What is your learning style, are you visual, auditory, kinesthetic? I am hands on, I have to do the assignment, with my hands, and if that is writing it out on a piece of paper or speaking it out-loud to help my understand, I know that is what I have to do.
My first online learning class was a challenge for me; I was not able to read and read and stay in engaged. Therefore, what I did was….got organized! You might say, “How does being organize help”.
Learning Styles | Classes for Medical Coding and Billing
Do you learn best first thing in the morning, as soon as you get out of bed? On the other hand, is it easier for you to grasp new information in the evening?
- Some might say, “I work so I cannot study in the morning, impossible, it will not happen.” I understand I went through it too.
o Now, you have to decide, how much time are you planning to set aside for your education? (keep in mind, this is your career, you have to see yourself in that position)
Let us say, “Six hours per week” you will have to decide what time of the day will work with your schedule, and juggling your family.
- I decided I would give up my lunch hour and devote it to my career. I did not want to take all my notebooks with me to work and not the ICD-9-CM book either.
o I created an account (free) using Evernote
I can access Evernote on my phone, or my kindle
- I saved my CMS ICD-9 codes
- I saved my webinars
- I saved my to do list
- Now, I have given five of my six hours that I agreed to commit too, I have one more hour, and I squeeze it in the evening, I keep track of upcoming webinars, and I add them to my to do list. I often go in and change it around, by creating more files and subfiles for me to access when I need it.
- Do you ever feel like you are discombobulated when you are not organized? I do. I feel like I have to have all my information with me. So, I searched on google, read some reviews, and found Evernote. I immediately created an account (free) and by using Evernote, it has saved me time and given me more time to devote to my career (education).
- I use my calendar (Gmail) to block off time that I am going to commit to studying, and it is a reminder, I need this so I can successfully pass my exam, and I can move on to the next chapter in my life.
This is my passion, and I am determined to do it!
Read more Information about Classes for Medical Coding and Billing
Submit your review