The August 2015 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar from Certification Coaching Org (CCO), https://www.cco.us, discussed a variety of topics of interest to outpatient and inpatient medical coders. Topics included NCCI Edits; NCCI – Commercial Insurance and Coding; 99211 CPT Code; New Baby Office Visits; Analyzing Financial Reports as a Practice Manager; HIV ICD 9 and ICD 10 Codes; and Back to Basics – Cardiology. Certification Coaching Org’s product offerings, the CCO Replay Club which allows members to review past monthly webinars and obtain CEUs, and Certification Coaching Org’s CEU offerings were also discussed. Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Educational topics were presented by Tammy Lucus, CIC, CPC, COC, CPC-I, CPMA; Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM; and Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC. The host for the webinar was Boyd Staszewski.
August 2015 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
1. Certification Coaching Q & A Webinar August 2015
2. This Month’s Q & A Webinar Agenda: 90-120 min II: Q&A from our Instructors ● Tammy: NCII Edits ● JoAnne: 99211 Codes ● JoAnne: New Baby Office Visits ● JoAnne: Analyzing Financial Reports as a PM ● JoAnne: NCII-Commercial Insurance & Coding ● Alicia: HIV ICD9 (and ICD10?) Codes ● Alicia: Integumentary ICD9 Skin issues ● Alicia: Back to Basics – Cardiology I: Introduction ● Why stay? ● Where is everyone from? ● Recent CCO Graduates/ You Too? ● Announcements and Course Updates IV: Your Questions in the Chat III: Close – @ 90 min-’ish’ ● Wrapup ● Drawing ● CEU Certificate Download Link Ask Along the way in the Questions box. NOTE: We can’t answer every question. If your question isn’t selected, post it on our forum where fellow coders can help: https://www.cco.us/forum/
3. Why Stay To The End? Giveaway! Free Drawing of Your Choice of 1 of the following: Blitz Video Package | 2 CEU Webinars | 1 Hour Session with Laureen or Alicia and… Your AAPC CEU link for 1.5 CEUs
4. First Webinar With Us? Poll How many CCO webinars have you attended?
5. CONGRATULATIONS to…
- Barb Rogers 7/4/2015 Passed ICD-10 Assessment
- Rosetta Dellatte 7/30/2015 Passed ICD-10 Assessment
- Sylvia Wiegand 8/3/2015 Passed ICD-10 Assessment
- Darlene Shelton 8/4/2015 Passed ICD-10 Assessment
- Barbara Michelle Bess 8/4/2015 Completed PBC Course
- Kartika Budiarta 8/4/2015 Passed CRC
- Teresa Ragusa 7/25/2015 Passed CPC
- Shaida Ehlert 8/14/2015 Passed CPC
- Marylou Bofill 8/19/2015 Passed CPC
- Bonnie Patterson 8/4/2015 Completed FBC Course
- Chandra Stephenson 8/19/15 Passed CRC
6. Announcing — Our Bookstore!!
- The Instacode Institute
CCO is announcing a new series of books now available from our CCO partners: These textbooks and specialty subjects are available for purchase through CCO at a competitive price. Go to: http://store.cco.us/
7. Examples of Specialty Manuals from InstaCode — Instacode Specialty Manual Subjects Behavioral Health Cardiology/Vascular Chiropractic Dentistry Dermatology Emergency Medicine ENT Otolaryngology Gastroenterology Internal Medicine Interventional Radiology Laboratory Pathology Neurology / Neurosurgery Urology / Nephrology Obstetrics / Gynecology OMS – Oral Maxillofacial Surgery Oncology / Hematology Ophthalmology / Optometry Orthopedics Pain Management Pediatrics Physical Therapy Podiatry Primary Care / Family Practice Radiology Rheumatology
8. ”CCO Swag – Pay it Forward” Program http://www.cafepress.com/CCOSwag CCO-BRAND SPECIALTY STORE — Here is where CCO wants to partner with YOU so we can all “Pay it Forward”. The profit from all CCO Swag purchases will go into a scholarship fund for worthy students trying to afford CCO courses in their quest to enter the profession. You can purchase at the store now.
9. GUESS who’s speaking this year? Alicia Scott CPC, CPC-I, CRC Laureen Jandroep CPC, CPC-I, COC, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM MODIFIERS Risk Adjustment/HCC
10. Medical Coding Auditing | Free Webinar | Tues Aug 25 8 PM EST https://www.cco.us/medical-coding-auditor
11. The Future of Coding >> ICD-10 Prep – CCO Style ● ICD-10-CM Blitz – new! ○ Prepare to pass the Proficiency Assessment exam with ease!! ○ 16 hour course equivalent ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie ● ICD-10-CM Practice Exams ○ Free 25 Question Exam ○ Paid 50 Question Exam – $29.95
12. Risk Adjustment presented by Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CCO Education Director with Content contribution by Subject Matter Expert: Holly Cassano, CPC CRC Credential- Risk Adjustment HCC Coding Course Is Here! Our HCC Course has 16 jam-packed Modules on register here >> http://cco.pe/10qGz8g
13. How to Become a Certified Medical Coder or a Medical BILLER Without The Staggering Costs of Traditional Local Schools https://www.cco.us/course-bundles Full educational coding and billing bundle package for: $2475 (Over $5100 value) SUMMER SPECIAL >>> MCB Bundle
14. CCO Helpdesk helpdesk.cco.us (You can search the knowledge base, create a ticket and check up on existing tickets)
15. ● Tammy: NCCI – Edits ● JoAnne: NCCI – Commercial Insurance & Coding ● JoAnne: 99211 Codes ● JoAnne: New Baby Office Visits ● JoAnne: Analyzing Financial Reports as a PM ● Alicia: HIV ICD9 (and ICD10?) Codes ● Alicia: Integumentary ICD9 Skin issues ● Alicia: Back to Basics – Cardiology Coding Q and A | August 2015 Alicia Scott CPC, CPC-I, CRC Jo-Anne Sheehan CPC, CPC-I, CPPM Tammy Lucus CIC, CPC, COC, CPC-I, CPMA
16. NCII – Edits Question: Can someone can clarify some confusion I have about when multiple surgeries are done on a PT but the codes the physician is using conflict with each other because of cci edits. How is the procedures billed if CCI edits say the CPTs cannot be billed together? ANSWER
17. Poll – What region of the country are you from? Poll
18. NCCI – Commercial Insurance & Coding Question: Can you speak to the relevance of NCCI to commercial insurance and coding encounters? ie, if the patient is not Medicare, do NCCI codes matter? ANSWER
19. New Baby Office Visits Question: How do I bill and get paid for new baby visits in the Family Practice? I have more denials than payments. ANSWER
20. Question: What actions do I take with a financial report as a Practice Manager? ANSWER Analyzing Financial Reports as a Practice Mgr
21. 99211 CPT Code Question: Can someone please discuss the 99211 CPT Code? ANSWER
22. Poll What coding credential do you WANT?
23. Poll What AAPC coding credential do you HAVE?
24. HIV ICD9 (and ICD10) Codes Question: On the HIV codes, when do you use the v code versus the 0 code? Would you code the patient as being active if they have a history of it? ANSWER
25. Integumentary ICD9 Skin issues Question: Can you please discuss ICD-9 coding for skin wounds, ulcers, abscesses, infections and cellulitis? I am looking to clarify the difference between wound and the other types of skin issues previously listed. ANSWER
26. “I have been attending your Q&A webinars for a year now and I absolutely love the teaching style of CCO. It was through your Blitz videos that I was able to pass the CPC exam with ease. I am very excited about this next step in my career and that I am able to do it through your company. Thank you for all that you have done.” Schuyler C., CPC So what are our Students saying about us? TESTIMONIAL from an ongoing student Share Your Own CCO Testimonial: https://www.cco.us/testimonials/
27. COURSES ★ Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) ★ Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) – (CPC course) ★ Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) – (COC course) ★ ICD-10-CM Course ★ ICD-10-PCS Course ★ Medical Billing Course (PBB) ★ Medical Coding Auditing Course (PBMA) ★ Physician Practice Management Course (PPM) ★ HCC Risk Adjustment Course ★ Medical Coding Practicum (MCP) Course with Practicode Quick Lineup of CCO Courses Reviews & Mock Exams ★ CPC Exam Review Blitz Package ★ CPC Mini-Mock Practice Exams ★ ICD-10-CM Blitz Package ★ ICD-10-CM Mini-Mock Practice Exams For full listing see: http://cco.us/products
28. Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each ICD-10-CM Blitz Course (ICD-10 CM Proficiency Assessment) 16 CEUs! ICD-10-CM Full Course 40 CEUs! Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) 40 CEUs! Physician Practice Manager (PPM) 6.5 CEUs! Physician Based Billing Course (PBB) 18.5 CEUs! Physician Based Medical Auditing (PBMA) 12.5 CEUs! Looking to Fulfill your CEU Requirement? More CEUs from CCO! http://cco.us/products
29. WEBINAR CEU's – REPLAY CLUB Monthly CCO Q&A Webinars: ● * Worth 1 to 1.5 CEU per meeting Replay Club: ● * up to 12 free CEUs (or more) per year ● (for indicated Webinars) – Regular Attendees – Replay Club Members https://www.cco.us/club
30. LIKE us on Facebook http://facebook.com/cco.us and Help Us Get The Word Out
32. If you don’t already receive our newsletter, send a message to helpdesk.cco.us request to join ‘The Insider’s Club’ (Send from the email address you wish to receive your newsletter) Join the “CCO Insider’s Club” Monthly Newsletter ● Timely Industry Announcements ● New Course Announcements ● Remote Seminar Partners ● Congratulations to our Grads! ● Testimonials – what are people saying? ● Current Blog links Gain Access to Our Best Free Medical Coding and Reimbursement Resources! Introducing our New Weekly Newsletter Format “Heads-Up Tuesdays” Short and Sweet Links to:
33. Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen (or Alicia) Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Let’s Pick A Winner!
34. Medical Coding Basics – Cardiology Question: I am having trouble putting it all together! Reading a question and figuring out what to do and cardio issues. Can you go over Cardio? ANSWER
35. Questions In The Chat ANSWERS Your Webinar Chat Team
37. Chat Q & A Webinar- Aug 2015
38. Documentation I have physician that just do NOT listen to the importance of documentation. I am looking to get certified in that to make them listen! That way I can put the fear of god in them to document correctly! 🙂
39. Proficiency Test? I have CPB and CPPM. Do I need to take the proficiency test?
40. ICD 10 Manual Do I need 2015 book for ICD 10 test or I can use 2013
41. CPC and COC Is CPC easier than COC?
42. Modifier 25 Our company we are with has “test edits” I have Always used modifier 25 when our patients have symptoms of UA. The E&M is usually abdominal pain etc then the UA shows UTI. I am told by them that modifier 25 is NO LONGER used or needed when reporting anything in the 80000's cpt. I need your input/expertise!
43. Auditing Course Is 1 year experience with CPC, CCS enough to take the auditing course (2 years are recommended, but I am going to get some training on the job)?
44. 99304-99318 Where can I find examples of proper documentation for 99304-99318?
45. Studying Guidelines Outside of reading the guidelines in the manuals and highlighting them, what is the best way to study them? Talking about the ICD-9 and CPT manuals
46. Gangrene 785.4 What terms in the EMR would you look for to code the gangrene 785.4?
47. RHIT or CPC? Is it better to be a RHIT or a CPC?
48. Thanks For Being With Us!