ICD-10-PCS manual recommendation
Please visit the CCO Bookstore to get the latest copy of the ICD-10-PCS 2017
- 2017 ICD-10-PCS Code Set – $89.95
- Select and build procedure codes accurately with Carol J. Buck’s 2017 ICD-10-PCS: Standard Edition. Designed by coders for coders, this practical manual includes all the ICD-10-PCS codes needed for today’s inpatient procedure coding. As coders need extensive knowledge to work with ICD-10-PCS – and to choose from the thousands of possible codes – this book provides colorful Netter’s Anatomy illustrations andtables organized to help you choose and build procedure codes. Together, these features make procedure coding faster and easier. Also included is a companion website with the latest coding news and updates!
New to this Edition
- Updated 2017 Official Code set reflects the latest ICD-10-PCS codes needed for procedure coding.
- NEW! Enhanced Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provide easier reference to coding rules when they are needed most.
- NEW! Updated design better differentiates between Os and 0s.
- NEW color images show difficult coding concepts.
- Convenient Guide to the Updates lists all new, revised, and deleted codes, providing at-a-glance lookup of the annual coding changes.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCRs) are listed in full for fast, easy access to coding rules.
- Unique! Full-color Netter’s Anatomy art is included in the front of the book to help you understand complex anatomic information and how it may affect choosing codes.
- Two-color design provides an economical version of this ICD-10-PCS coding manual.
- Codingupdates.com companion website includes the latest changes to the ICD coding system.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN
The Complete Official Codebook
ICD-10-PCS 2017: The Complete Official Codebook helps coders use the PCS portion of the ICD-10 code set. The code set is laid out in easy-to-understanding tables sorted by type of procedure.
ICD-10-PCS 2017: The Complete Official Codebook presents the complete code for hospital procedure coding set in 16 sections of tables arranged by general procedure type. Tables within the extensive Medical and Surgical section are additionally sectioned out by body system and indicated by color-coded page borders.
The illustrated ICD-10-PCS codebook contains classifications for procedures, devices and technologies.
This illustrated codebook contains these valuable features:
- Updated codes! Content updates reflect the 2017 ICD-10 addendum
- New! Illustrations accompany each Character Meanings table throughout the Medical and Surgical section.
- American Hospital Association’s Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM/PCScitations provide reference information regarding official ICD-10-CM/PCS coding advice that will enhance your understanding of specific codes
- Summary of changes for 2017 offers an accounting of the number and type of changes that have occurred since the codebook last published
- Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits provide the most comprehensive coverage of procedure edits
- Code tables ease your transition into the new classification system by helping you build the code through character value selections that reflect the procedure performed
- Detailed information on the structure and conventions of ICD-10-PCSintroduces you to the new coding system with its unique structure of specific definition and functions for each character
- Coding exercises help you develop basic coding skills, increase your understanding and test your proficiency
- Official coding guidelines teach appropriate use of the code set by section
- Procedure cobination tables identify ICD-10 PCS code combination requirements neede to satisfy certain MS-DRG requirements.
- Tables for body part definitions and root operation conversions increase productivity
Understanding ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Update: A Worktext, 3rd Edition (2017)
Completely updated to the 2017 ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding guidelines and packed with practical applications, UNDERSTANDING ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS Update: A Worktext, 3E delivers a comprehensive presentation of the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS diagnostic and procedural coding system. Extremely hands-on, this unique worktext offers engaging, detailed coverage, while numerous learning tools help you thoroughly review the concepts in each chapter. You can immediately begin putting what you learn into real-world practice through timely exercises, meaningful coding assignments, and actual case studies. Vivid color illustrations emphasize how a thorough knowledge of anatomy and disease processes will positively impact your coding accuracy. Trust this hands-on resource to prepare you for diagnostic and procedural coding success in today’s medical environment. This updated printing of the third edition includes new 2017 ICD-10 codes.
Features and Benefits
- COMPLETELY UPDATED, COMPREHENSIVE CONTENT COVERS ALL ASPECTS OF 2017 ICD-10-CM AND ICD-10-PCS CODING GUIDELINES. You and your students can trust this thorough resource to cover all aspects of ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding by body systems.
- A THOROUGH REVIEW OF ANATOMY AND DISEASE PROCESSES REINFORCES KNOWLEDGE CRITICAL FOR CODING. This book’s dynamic and thorough review with supporting, vivid full-color illustrations reinforces knowledge students need for successful coding.
- PROVEN LEARNING FEATURES AND HELPFUL ONLINE LINKS HELP STUDENTS MASTER KEY CONCEPTS. Each chapter provides a chapter outline, chapter objectives, key terms, learning exercises, chapter reviews, and Internet links to help students become proficient in key coding concepts. In addition, coding assignments and case studies offer practical, hands-on experience in putting knowledge into practice.
- ICD-10 OFFICIAL CODING GUIDELINES ARE HIGHLIGHTED THROUGHOUT EACH CHAPTER. This edition covers the ICD-10 official coding guidelines with the level of precision and detail students need to ensure comprehension of important concepts.
- ROBUST INSTRUCTOR’S MANUAL AND RESOURCES PROVIDE TIME-SAVING TRUSTED TOOLS. This edition’s Instructor’s Manual and Resource Kit includes answers to learning exercises, chapter reviews, case studies, and PowerPoint® presentations for each chapter. A separate Instructor’s Test Bank provides a wealth of true/false, fill-in-the-blank, multiple-choice, and short-answer questions as well as coding exercises for each chapter.
If you have any question, please contact Helpdesk. Thank you & Happy coding!
Please visit the CCO Bookstore to get the latest copy of the ICD-10-PCS 2019
- 2019 ICD-10-PCS Code Set - $108.95
ICD-10-PCS 2019: The Complete Official Codebook helps coders use the PCS portion of the ICD-10 code set. The code set is laid out in easy-to-understanding tables sorted by type of procedure.
ICD-10-PCS 2019: The Complete Official Codebook contains the complete ICD-10-PCS code set and supplementary appendixes required for reporting inpatient procedures. This illustrated codebook presents the code set in 17 sections of tables arranged by general procedure type. Tables within the extensive Medical and Surgical section are additionally sectioned out by body system, indicated by color-coded page borders.
ICD-10-PCS contains classifications for procedures, devices and technologies.
- Summary of changes — indicates how additions and deletions affect each section of ICD-10-PCS
- Complete 2019 ICD-10-PCS code set — The code set is organized in 17 sections. Each section contains a code table by which a code can be built through character selections that reflect the procedure performed. A character meanings table and citations to American Hospital Association’s Coding Clinic start each section.
- Official coding guidelines — instruct on appropriate use of the code set and its sections
- Full-color illustrations — provide a visual explanation of anatomy and procedural approach
- NEW! Approach illustrations show the access location, method, and instrumentation that determine the approach
- Body parts with indicators to applicable code characters (provided immediately after the character meaning tables in the Medical/Surgical sections)
- Visual alerts — identify male/female procedures and new/revised character values
- Detailed information on structure and conventions of ICD-10-PCS — explains the unique structure and the specific definitions and functions of each character while providing sample exercises (and answers) to practice your skills
- Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits — for the most comprehensive coverage of ICD-10 MS-DRG MCEs for procedures, including:
- Non-covered procedures
- Limited coverage procedures
- Combination only procedures
- Non-operating room procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment
- Non-operating room procedures NOT affecting MS-DRG assignment
- Hospital acquired condition (HAC)-related procedures
- Procedure combination tables — identify ICD-10-PCS code combination requirements needed to satisfy certain MS-DRG requirements
- Valuable resources to enhance productivity — include:
- Root operation definition table for medical/surgical section
- Root operation for medical/surgical section grouped by objective
- Operation/Type definition tables for other ICD-10-PCS sections
- Body part definitions and body part key for accurate identification of correct body part character
- Device key and device aggregation tables
- Approach definitions
- Substance key
If you have any question, please contact Helpdesk. Thank you & Happy coding!