• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

7 Steps (About getting that coding job!)

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I found this article (link) this morning titled: Seven Steps to Hiring the Right Coder.
I thought it would be of interest whether we are/ will be looking for that coding job.

Even if you already have a coding job the article can assist in helping you identify what
valuable skills you already possess and perhaps what areas you may yet endeavor to improve.

It seemed to me the article could be a good tool in mapping out how to build yourself to
suit what it is you desire to do.

I know the article is written for the person doing the hiring but it helps provide insight in what
potential employers are looking for. Especially interesting to me was the subheading about hiring New Coders.

http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/121712p6.shtml

Hopefully this link will post.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
That was a really good article Luna. In fact I think all coders looking for a job should read it. Did you notice she was specific when she said do not discount new coders? Liked that a lot. In addition I think it is important to be savvy when it comes to the computer. I use Excel every day to mention one. If you are not comfortable with a computer you need to get that way.

TheresaR

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Thank you so much, Luna! Now to get that article into the hands who hire around here!!! Also, just an all around great website full of valuable info. I bookmarked it!

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Thanks, Luna. I just found out through email that my assignment as a remote coder (and I love working at home!) is now over. Something about that the client did not have enough work to send to everybody. I bookmarked the website, too!

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
I found this article (link) this morning titled: Seven Steps to Hiring the Right Coder.
I thought it would be of interest whether we are/ will be looking for that coding job.

Even if you already have a coding job the article can assist in helping you identify what
valuable skills you already possess and perhaps what areas you may yet endeavor to improve.

It seemed to me the article could be a good tool in mapping out how to build yourself to
suit what it is you desire to do.

I know the article is written for the person doing the hiring but it helps provide insight in what
potential employers are looking for. Especially interesting to me was the subheading about hiring New Coders.

http://www.fortherecordmag.com/archives/121712p6.shtml

Hopefully this link will post.
Good resource Luna, thank you. I saved it to my favorites for future use.

jessicat35

CPC, CCS-P
Blitzer
CCO Club Member
What a great article and website that I never would have found on my own! thanks for the tip off!