• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

annette chappell

F

fachappell

i passed my coarse that i took online with another company. i think im more confused now than when i started. i must get certified its so important. i feel like i wasted so much time taking this coarse. i cant find a job so i cant afford the certification test. im forgeting all that i learned. HELP Please.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
First you have to decide if you're going to take the exam and if so save for it. To see how well your course prepared you I'd suggest you take a practice exam. The AAPC has three versions - 50 questions each. And we have a 150 printable one we sell for $37. If you score well you know you're ready for the real exam - like over an 85%. If not but you're score is near 70 then a review class (blitz) should do the trick, if you're way off then I'd consider a better coding course (like ours <g>). So your initial invest to see where you're at would be as low as $37. https://www.cco.us/cpc-practice-exam

Keep your chin up - and don't give up!

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
I am a student who took my course from a local college's workforce development. The instructor was a CPC-I, and her textbook and course material was from the AAPC. I took the course before I discovered Laureen had one. But, when I found Laureen, I started reading her CCO site, & watching webinars. I have also purchased the Review Blitz and the study exam she is talking about, as well as the AAPC 3 practice exams and study guide. I highly recommend Laureen's Blitz as you also get her handout packet with it to print out. She and her whole staff are great!!!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thanks Kayal! I forget to mention about the 100+ page handout packet. We're going to start making it an option to get the handout packet spiral bound with the DVDs in a nice case - more to come!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I agree with Laureen. Take a practice exam and see how you are doing. Remember that the AAPC allows you a free retake. You may do great. If you need more practice we are here for you.

Karen Fan

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Annette, I took my course through a University/online class, as well as being a Blitz student, and I am using AAPC practice tests.
I have Carol Bucks books and Faye Browns handbook, my house looks like a library. Laureen has been very helpful in her tips, to guide me through this process, and I am getting better and faster all the time. Try not to get discouraged, it is worth the effort. I can almost see the light at the end of a long tunnel. My second test will be next month.

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
THINK POSITIVE! :p

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Karen Fan, can you let us know here how your second test goes? I'm excited for you and that makes me excited for myself and I'm only just getting started. Good luck.

Kristina Leitz

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
Thanks Kayal! I forget to mention about the 100+ page handout packet. We're going to start making it an option to get the handout packet spiral bound with the DVDs in a nice case - more to come!
Well, I know I would definitely be interested in a spiral bound packet.

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Yes, please let us know how you do. It is like a mini pep rally in this place. :D