• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Certification in 2014

Amy Wilcox

Hello All!
I have just found this wonderful website! I am currently studying to take my credentialing exam. I anticipate sitting for the exam prior to spring 2014. I purchased self study course materials in early November. I have a 2014 ICD 10 code book. My course seems to be geared towards ICD 10 mainly. My question is: Will the credentialing exam be mainly on ICD 10 or ICD 9? Thanks for sharing any information you have. Thanks, Amy

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
During 2014 the AAPC CPC Exam will cover ICD-9-CM codes, not ICD-10-CM. To quote Ryan Moser, Customer Service Rep at AAPC: "ICD-10 will not be on any AAPC certification exam until 01/01/2015."

If you take the CPC exam in 2014, you will need the 2014 ICD-9-CM manual. I suggest you get familiar with the ICD-9-CM Guidelines and practice using the manual. Then try the AAPC and CCO CPC practice exams and see how you do. We recommend being able to achieve at least 85% on CPC practice exams (timing yourself so you simulate exam time constraints) before attempting the actual exam. Here's links to some of CCO's practice offerings: free CCO CPC practice exam & 3 Mini Mock Exams (50 questions each). Check out more products here.