• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Compliance & Regulatory Questions

ChristinaR

Blitzer
I have failed my CPC exam 3 times and plan to try again in December. I have missed the following sections the last 2 times: Anatomy, 10,000-30,000 section, compliance & regulatory, and radiology. My question is where do I find enough information on compliance & regulatory issues to study so that I can pass that section. I have never done well in that area. I know what to do about the rest of the areas. Any help will be appreciated.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO's CPC Exam Review Blitz product has extra videos not recorded during the live Blitz that provide compliance and regulatory information.
Listening and learning from these videos should give you the information you need. Not only that, but when you use and study the Blitz, you will get a lot of great information to help you pass the exam in all the areas which you have had difficulties in the past, but also info on how to Bubble and Highlight your CPC manual, and a 60 question practice exam -- to name a few benefits.

You could also purchase the study guide from AAPC. My copy of the "Official CPC Certification Study Guide" is from 2011, but the chapter on "The Business of Medicine" (about 10 pages) covered the compliance and regulatory information. https://www.aapc.com/training/cpc-study-guide.aspx. (You could call them to be sure this info is still in the current study guide but I'd be really surprised if it is not because it is still part of the exam.)

Happy studying! Good luck when you take your next exam!

RobertaP

Extraordinary multiple hat lady
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
Check for online for the AAPC study guide at craigslist, let go, Amazon, etc.
Is there a forum on cco for used manuals our study guides?
Roberta Peppler

ChristinaR

Blitzer
CCO's CPC Exam Review Blitz product has extra videos not recorded during the live Blitz that provide compliance and regulatory information.
Listening and learning from these videos should give you the information you need. Not only that, but when you use and study the Blitz, you will get a lot of great information to help you pass the exam in all the areas which you have had difficulties in the past, but also info on how to Bubble and Highlight your CPC manual, and a 60 question practice exam -- to name a few benefits.

You could also purchase the study guide from AAPC. My copy of the "Official CPC Certification Study Guide" is from 2011, but the chapter on "The Business of Medicine" (about 10 pages) covered the compliance and regulatory information. https://www.aapc.com/training/cpc-study-guide.aspx. (You could call them to be sure this info is still in the current study guide but I'd be really surprised if it is not because it is still part of the exam.)

Happy studying! Good luck when you take your next exam!
I found the section on Compliance and Regulations after asking where to find that information. I have the Blitz videos until Feb. I think and I did watch them and tried to make notes. I am going to re-watch them and try again in December.

Paul A

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
HCC Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
PPM Physicians Practice Management
Don't worry about the study guide. Blitz covers it all and more. The compliance ones were pretty simple. Things like what does HIPAA stand for. What services are not covered by Medicare Part A etc

Last edited: