• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A CPC Exam - E/M Section(s)

Pam H.

Without access to an E/M audit tool that contains tables to help determine levels of history, exam and medical decision making, how do you get through E/M questions on the exam? Has anyone handwritten such tables into their CPT book and used them during the exam (since it doesn't already have such in there)? Is the level of detail shown in audit tables necessary to have on hand in order to pass the exam? Thanks so much for any clarification.

Paul A

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
HCC Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
PPM Physicians Practice Management
I answered in your other question. You won't need any more information than what is in the CPT book. You won't be reviewing any office notes. No audit sheets will be necessary. If they tell you risk is high it's high. If they say complete review of symptoms it's complete

Pam H.

Paul - Much obliged for your help-!! I was on the Q&A webinar last evening and am so impressed by you folks....can't thank you enough for the tips and expertise. I am going to purchase the Blitz package to prep for my CPC exam, as I'm just finishing up taking the course through AAPC. I wish I had known about CCO beforehand, as I would have definitely given you folks my business instead as I feel you do a far superior job.

Paul A

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
HCC Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
PPM Physicians Practice Management
Hi Pam, I don't actually work for CCO just a fan of how they teach. I had contemplated taking the AAPC course but on some random internet search I saw a page about Bubble & Hilight. It took me forever to find it again. I'm glad I finally did. I was one of the lucky ones who signed up for the full CCO Medical coding course instead of through AAPC. Most of the AAPC slide shows are available in her full course as an extra and i watched a couple and they are so boring compared to the CCO style of teaching. I' not sure if i would have passed otherwise

Using some of the techniques, I passed CPC on my first attempt and that's only making it half way through my full course. I relied mostly on the blitz, Bubbling + Hilighting and testing strategy. I know everyone is not the same but i finished a majority of the exam in a little over 4 hours, spent an hour on the 3 stumping IVR/Cardiology questions (I came back to at the end as they stumped me) I ended up guessing on them walking out of the exam with 30 min to spare. I could gave skipped the 3 questions all together and still passed but i wanted to say i answered every question. I decided i'm only taking courses through CCO. I have all the badges by my name in the forum because i'm signed up for most of their courses right now :) Having the whole year to study came in handy as well I sure took advantage of it. Its really going to come in handy since i'm currently doing 3 courses concurrently.

RobertaP

Extraordinary multiple hat lady
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM BLITZ
Pam,
Did you get the practice exams? They are helpful. CCO has one that is free. Check out the practice exams to know what you are in for with the exam. Get the Blitz and mark your manuals up and take timed practice exams to prep for the exam.
Hope that helps a bit,
Roberta

Pam H.

Paul and Roberta - Thanks so much, guys, for your generous sharing, input and advice - wow!! I'm going to follow all the threads you've given me. I can't tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to give me your input. All the best.....