• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A CRC Credential or Complete Practicode to remove -A from CPC/COC -- ?

Pam H.

I'd like some opinions on the best sequence to do things for the purpose of employability. Would it be best to complete the Practicode modules required to remove the -A (apprentice) from my CPC-A and COC-A and then get a CRC credential or vice versa (i.e., get a CRC credential first and then work on getting the -A's removed from the other credentials)--??

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
My opinion is to not worry about the A and let it come off naturally <g>. Most employers don't even know what it means - they can tell from your resume that you do or don't have experience. The CRC is a great next credential and risk adjustment coders are in demand right now.

Pam H.

Thanks, Laureen - I sure appreciate your input. That really helps me validate and clarify my thinking, as I was supposing my time and effort might be better spent obtaining the CRC rather than working off the -A's, but I wasn't 100% sure, so muchas gracias! Alicia's CRC course looks really good.