• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Does this make sense?

pkay

So I study and take all required courses for 2 years, pass my cert test , get a job and work for 9 months at same agency and then replaced by an LVN who has never done coding??? So why did I waste my time? (

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Ugh! That is discouraging, to say the least. So sorry to hear this. NO, it doesn't make sense, especially since it looks like the training for LVN does not include medical coding. Hopefully, something much better than what you had comes along for you quickly.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
That is very odd. It sounds to me like they needed an clinician. It also sounds to me like a place that will be up for audits in the future so you will be glad you are not there. The time you have put in will pay off. Start marketing yourself. LinkedIn is a great place to start. Always put on that professional face and manner. Say positive things about where you were before even if you are hard pressed to do so. "It was a learning experience."