• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

East Coast

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Hi everyone,
I was just curious how those of you in the east (aka path of Sandy) are faring? Have family or friends there?

Laureen? How about you? I was thinking you might be in that area.

I do hope all are adequately sheltered and provisioned.

My heart goes out to those suffering losses and surrounded 360 by the mess. It's not something that cleans up fast and some have lost irreplaceable things.

Be safe friends.

Karen Fan

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
Hello all,

Laureen and others on the east coast, I just saw the awful devastation on the news. My prayers go out to everyone who is out there. I pray that you are all safe and with loved ones. I am hoping you are strong and can pull through.

Peace, Karen

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I know Laureen got hit pretty hard. She is something like 10 mins. from the coast in NJ. They still don't have electricity but do have a generator. Now it is all about gas I think. Did you see the lines on the news? Ruth is in NY. We have several students on the East coast.

kayal

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
I am sorry to hear about Laureen getting hit by the hurricane. It really looks awful on TV. I didn't know that is where she lives. Please tell her she will be in my prayers.

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
She has been able to get on-line for little clips of time so I am sure she will see your note. I am anxious to get details from her.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I was one of the lucky East Coast people, here 85 miles north of NYC. A lot of people lost power in my community, but my house did not. Our local utility company is being assisted by MidAmerican Energy company staff that came to help all the way from Iowa! I couldn't believe it but I saw about 7 of their utility trucks with Iowa license plates.

The destruction is quite intense in places south of us... Long Island, New York City, etc. Now, my community is coming together to gather supplies and funds for helping those in need. We also sent many of our local firemen to help. I really like how people support each other in our country!

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I don't have any family on the East Coast any more except my CCO family. :)
Thanks for keeping us informed. I remember when we had all the flooding in Missouri. Other states were sending help in like you mentioned Ruth. My Step-Father worked for Ameran UE and he used to get called out quite a bit for storms. One year there was a huge ice storm and he got sent to another state for a week. Amazing how those guys pull together. One of their own died fixing a powerline.

joannesheehan

CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
I'm just playing around on the forum-trying to get accustomed to communicating to our group this way. I am from the East Coast and had family experience rough times from NY- Rockaway Beach. My part of Massachusetts was untouched. I live 12 miles north of Boston in a quiet suburb-about 17 miles from Cape Ann in Gloucester.