• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

ICD ICD-9 Funny

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I was working on Skype with a student that was not born in the US. We came across the code 723.1 which is one I had forgotten about. See, when I was teaching at the college I would try to have my students code a scenario in their life. Some can be extremely funny.

Example: " I fought with my brother today again. He is such a 723.1."

Well, she didn't laugh. Seems she had never heard that term before. Can you believe it? I thought 723.1 was universal. :rolleyes: After all, there are so many people out there who are one.

Lori Woods

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
CCO Practicoder
PBB Student (CPB™)
ICD-9 Student
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
ICD-10-PCS Student
HCC Student
I had to look that up out of curiosity lol Alicia.

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
I was working on Skype with a student that was not born in the US. We came across the code 723.1 which is one I had forgotten about. See, when I was teaching at the college I would try to have my students code a scenario in their life. Some can be extremely funny.

Example: " I fought with my brother today again. He is such a 723.1."

Well, she didn't laugh. Seems she had never heard that term before. Can you believe it? I thought 723.1 was universal. :rolleyes: After all, there are so many people out there who are one.
You got me looking it up too Alicia. I thought I knew from the context of the sentence but I pulled out my ICD-9 just to be sure!
Thanks for making me laugh, I can think of a few times I could have used that too! :D

susan sayers

trying to bloom in life 2.0
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I looked it up to. Its cleaner then i thought it was;)