• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

New Journey

Sparky

I haven't been on this site for sometime and have a very good reason. In about 11 weeks my husband and I are moving out west. We both have job opportunities that are promising. I still plan on taking my certification exam once I am settled. I have very limited access to a computer at the moment, will try to keep you posted as our jouney begins and on our safe arrival.

Keep us in your prayers.

Donna (Sparky)

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
It sounds like you have a very exciting next few months. I feel you here. We are moving from Texas to Missouri in the next couple months.

Will keep you and yours in our prayers.

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I am pacific northwest, so not sure if that will make us neighbors or not. Have a safe journey. Moving has its challenges, but I hope all goes according to your desires. :)

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Alicia and Donna (Sparky), I feel for both of you. Moving is quite a challenge--going through things and deciding what to keep and what to get rid of and getting the houses on the market. That's what I am going through right now and it is hard to decide what to keep and what to give up. My father and I are trying to get our house on the market. After it is sold, we will be moving into an apartment.

Sparky

Alicia, thank you, you and your family will also be in our thoughts and prayers. We are moving from Pensylvania to Washington State. My husband and I are so excited.

Luna, thank you, we had this plan in place for some time and we felt the time is right to make this journey. Yes, it could makes us neighbors, that would be nice.

Carolyn, thank you, moving can be a challenge. My husband and I rent now, we had at one point owned a home for 23 years, that was enough. Going through some rough times we lost a lot and had to start over slowly. So we dont have mounds of stuff but what we achieved on replacing is just enough to trek across to our new destination.

I will be touch and share our adventures.

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I am not sure if we are going to rent or purchase. I have never rented before. Looks like we will be there for two years which makes a difference. Today my husband and I spend several hours going through houses on the internet. That in itself is exhausting. :confused:

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Best wishes to all of you who are on the move! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! I once moved 4 miles to a new house years ago, and then a few years later, across the ocean to Denmark for 2 years, and back. It doesn't matter how far you are moving, it is a lot of work!

Sparky

Thank you Ruth. Alicia, yes it is exhausting looking for a new place, been looking on internet too, sending emails, contacting via phone on availability, yes, lots of work. In the end, it is all worth it. :) Take Care

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I wonder if it is to much to ask to be able to blink my eyes and the perfect home pops up on the computer, affordable and takes cats? :p

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Alicia, you will know when you found the right home. My father and I looked at 6 apartments and then we narrowed it down to two apartments. After we went back and took another look at the two apartments the second time, we finally chose the apartment. All we have to do is paperwork and get on the available apartment list, but we are going to wait until the house is sold. The best thing is that they will take cats.

Sparky

I have been looking on line, checking what's available and making phone calls to discuss policies and procedures. It's difficult especially when relocating to one state from another. Basically, you have to cram time and find what is needed as soon as you are officially in that state. I still continue to look and hopefully with fingers, eyes and toes crossed.....................things will fall right into place.

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thanks, we are still looking at purchasing. You never know what will change. We have 4 children at home and 3 cat, 2 dogs which seems like a lot to maneuver. It is going to be fun.

Rosetta D

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
Just a interesting FYI---I have never moved in my life---live in the same "Apartment" since I was born which was a long time ago ...lol---hopefully will relocate to Florida next year :)

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Rosetta, I can not imagine that. Funny how people have different lives. I don't like to move. We got married had our first house for two years and bought a huge hold house down the road and lived there for 14 years. We would never have moved unless my husband had not gone to Seminary. Then we lived in a 4 plex but it was married housing so not really the same as an apartment. We have been in this house for 7 years. It is hard for me to imagine renting but we are going to do it now. Whew!

You have an adventure ahead of you. Sounds exciting.

Sparky

I have lived in the State of Pennsylvania all my life, mainly between Reading Pa and Philadelphia PA. My husband and I moved up to the Wilkes-Barre PA area during the 2011 flood. It is now two years later and moving out west will be different but my husband and I cannot wait. We are so looking forward to the move to Spokane, Washington. Have 8 weeks to go and counting away;)!

Sparky

Just a brief note to say hi, stopped by the library to catch up and wanted to say that the count down is getting more exciting, less than four weeks to go. My husband and I are so READY!!!!:) TTYL.

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
So excited for you!

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
We are a little closer to getting our house on the market. Our realtor just told us that he sold three houses in the last week, so we know the housing market is good. Still having trouble trying to decide what to keep and what not to keep, but getting there. TTYL!