• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CCS OK to Bubble Books for CCS?

mikeswife

Blitzer
Hi! I'm so thankful to CCO for helping me achieve my CPC-A! I'm going for my CCS now and I'm wondering if it's okay to bubble and highlight my 2016 CPT books for the AHIMA CCS? From the website I think it is, but I don't want to do anything wrong. However, I can't imagine NOT bubbling and highlight my 2016 CPT book! How could I code w/o it! :) Thanks!

mikeswife

Blitzer
Hi Laureen. I would like to personally thank you for the Blitz. I think the bubbling and highlighting really made a difference in me being able to pass my CPC...with fifteen minutes to spare!

As for the AHIMA's CCS guidelines...I saw these and my concern is that very last sentence...what they might consider "excessive" writing in books. I saw some other peoples books at my CPC exam that had practically no markings in them and I would imagine to them, my books looked "excessively marked up"! LOL

dsanto3

I am completing my AHIMA based education with my school in the next few weeks. They are prepping us for the CCA (test cost included in the tuition). The more I read, the more I see that most forums...even this one, don't discuss CCA. I'm beginning to feel I should have gone with a school that was AAPC based.

On that note, I can not find a definitive answer as to if Bubbling and highlighting is allowed for the CCA exam. I did click the link included on this thread and have read the guidelines on the AHIMA site, but they are very vague as to how much is allowed. I don't want to be disqualified for excessive writing in my book. Does anyone have any more knowledge or has anyone taken the CCA using this method and was it permissible with AHIMA?

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I read the article myself and I am confused if it is OK to write in your books using the Blitz videos for the CCS exam as I started to do that.

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I got the answer if it is OK to write in your books for the CCS exam or not. Your notes have to be written in your books -- no sticky notes or tabs. Suggestion: Handwrite all of your notes in the section it pertains.