• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

OMG - I passed the CPC-H.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Happy Dance!!!!!!!!

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Congrats!! What was the secret to your sucess? Studying, time management, practice tests - tell us!

Kinster

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
Thank you.

I did all of the above. I studied my classroom books, purchased and watched the Blitz videos, purchased both the study guide and exams from AAPC. I certainly had to work for it though!

I used the time management technique. I also decided to use ICD as my main means to eliminate answers. I found it easier to make decisions based on ICD that CPT because the CPT descriptions are so much longer. I think that was what sped me up this time. I still had to guess at some in the end because I didn't finish, but I felt really good about the ones that I was able to answer.

Last edited:

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Congratulations! It is not an easy exam, and you were smart to go about studying and practicing so diligently. Nicely done!

Kinster

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
If you're taking the CPC-H, then you should get the study guides and tests from AAPC. I purchased the Blitz videos and practice exams and they were VERY helpful BUT remember that neither Blitz nor the CCO practice exams cover the reimbursement and compliance sections.

Do practice exams as timed tests this'll help you work on your timing as well as showing you where you are making your biggest mistakes so you can address those habits. Since the practice exams are online, print them out to take them because it's more like the real thing. I suggest that you specifically study the chapter on payment methodologies because that's one of the places where I where I got caught on my first try.

My other piece of advice is to look up the ICD codes rather than the CPT code where possible. The ICD descriptions are shorter than CPT so you can eliminate wrong answers faster because there's less to read and compare.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

P.S. brush up on your medical terminology.

MalaS

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Kinster,
I can't thank you enough for sharing. Really needed the advice since my exam (CPC-H) is in a few weeks. Congratulations!

Kinster

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
PBMA Student (CPMA®)
Also, if you have them, re-watch the Blitz videos in the two or three days prior to your exam. That will remind you of the extra notes you wrote and where they are in your book (Cardiac, etc)

You'll be surprised at how much you forgot about your notes since you first watched the videos.

TiffanyM

When you log into AAPC to check if you pass - did your credentials show up right away?? And Congrats!!

MalaS

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Thank you.

I did all of the above. I studied my classroom books, purchased and watched the Blitz videos, purchased both the study guide and exams from AAPC. I certainly had to work for it though!

I used the time management technique. I also decided to use ICD as my main means to eliminate answers. I found it easier to make decisions based on ICD that CPT because the CPT descriptions are so much longer. I think that was what sped me up this time. I still had to guess at some in the end because I didn't finish, but I felt really good about the ones that I was able to answer.