• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Online Blitz Vidoes were Fantastic!

Everett

Blitzer
ICD-10-CM Student
I purchased the Blitz videos while interning at a local hospital, and needless to say, they were FANTASTIC. I learned so much more from them than from my college coding courses! Now that I am employed at the hospital as an outpatient coder (so Excited!), I am studying to take the CPC-H test next month.

I was wondering if there is a handout to supplement the Payment Methodolgies and Compliance aspects of the CPC-H exam that I could purchase? As I do not do any of the billing, and could use some help to increase my knowledge on those questions.

Thanks again for creating such an Amazing learning tool for us "newbie's" ! :)

And for all those wondering about The Blitz videos, they were instrumental to my high score on my hospital coding employment test! ;)

Ellen

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
ICD-10-CM Student
Congratulations on all fronts! You give the rest of us encouragement by your successes.

Everett

Blitzer
ICD-10-CM Student
Well, I took the CPC-H test this past Saturday......and PASSED with an 87%!!

Thank you, Laureen! Your BLITZ videos were an excellent learning tool! I HIGHLY recommend them to any who are currently studying for their exam. The videos not only helped me find the codes quicker, but her explanations of the similar codes were spot on. (Especially the "stick" and "stuff" vaccinations!) I sincerely appreciate the hard work you and your staff have put into helping us learn this daunting career choice. God Bless!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
That is great news. We are doing the happy dance for you Everett.
Is there any advice you can give the CPC's who are wanting to get the CPC-H?

jessicat35

CPC, CCS-P
Blitzer
CCO Club Member
What resources did you ultimately supplement with? I'm curious because I just took my CPC and might be looking to pursue CPC-H next. And congrats!

Everett

Blitzer
ICD-10-CM Student
With the CPC-H, I purchased the CPC-H study guide and exams from the AAPC, as Laureen was not offering her Facility based coding course at the time. I recall quite a few questions from the test being in the study guide and from the practice exams. Laureen's Blitz videos helped me with vaccinations, pathology, and with keeping my speed up, as I had a good hour to go back and review questions. Her videos were EXCELLENT and were key in building my confidence while taking the exam.

I believe that the CPC-H credential will be more valuable as ICD-10 approaches as hospitals are expecting a 50 - 70% productivity decrease in coding when ICD-10 is implemented. This means that they will need more coders to keep that productivity up and revenue coming into the hospital. My advice would be to intern or volunteer at your local hospital in the coding/medical records department if you can. This will give you some experience looking at charts and abstracting diagnosis and cpt procedures in the real world. Plus, you will meet people "in the business" and if you are open to suggestion, they can give you some insight into the coding world which eventually could lead you to a job.

Thank you all for the Congrats! This CCO community is a good bunch. The advice and education of the forums are indeed helpful. Laureen and company offer some GREAT products that can help you achieve your goals. Good luck to you all! Keep up the hard work and your dreams will turn into reality :)

binta campbell

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
i passed with the help of the Blitz Vids!!! I see CPC-H may be next on my list (Thanks Everett!) lol. But for those who have not taken the CPC, i would definitely encourage purchasing the Blitz Videos. Laureen brilliantly dissects the books, and explains in detail how to format your books in preparation for the CPC exam and if you are confused or need guidance with E/M especially, it lays the foundation of conquering E/M on the exam