• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Positive Attitude

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I have always thought that starting the day with a positive attitude helps things go smoothly. One of the ways I carry this through out my day is to keep a smile on my face. Have you ever tried to make a point to smile at people?

What do you do to have a positive attitude and do you think it makes a difference in your day?

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
I keep a small mirror on the desk in front of the phone, it helps to remind me to smile when I'm on the phone. I believe the person on the other end of the call can hear that smile in my voice. Helps to keep me on a positive track!

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Michele I have heard something similar. In fact I think it was in a Mary Kay book. If you dress nice and smile while on the phone it comes across in your attitude. I do the same thing you mentioned. No mirror but I make sure when I do phone calls I am not in my night gown but am dressed and ready to go for the day. Even putting your make up on will make a difference. Good advice to share Michele ;)

Sylvia Ann Wiegand

Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I try to greet people, with a Good Morning!, Hello!, Welcome home! (well that last one would be for my hubby & kids). Like "yawns", I try to think that "smiles" are contagious. Most times it works, but I keep trying when it doesn't work. I try to stay around positive people, if I can. I just feel like I did my part, even if it's not given back, I am happy to have tried.

Alicia Scott

Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I agree Sylvia. Smiles are contagious and that is a great correlation saying they are like Yawns. :p

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
One way I practice a positive attitude is to play the "something good" game. Several years ago I used this is a workshop with teenage girls. Here's how you play.

Tell yourself that something good is about to happen. Get excited, then be relaxed about it. Notice when something good happens and say "thanks". Repeat.

Try it. Granted, most of the good things that will happen will be of minor importance, but why miss out on noticing them? Don't feel you are jinxing yourself by saying something good will happen. All major religions believe that God is good and merciful. For example, both the Jews and Christians use the Twenty-third Psalm which says "surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life". If you believe that, then expect good things to happen!