• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Psychiatric Coding

Bri

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
Hello

I am interested in the field of psychiatric coding. Does anyone know if there is an certification in this specific practice or of any organizations to join based on psychciatric coding?

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Hi Bri!
I saw your post and while I'm not aware of a special certification I can tell you that I attended a webinar today addressing the 2013 code changes for psychiatrics and that group has a lot of changes this year. We can expect denials until further clarification is given by the payors, it is also safe to say there is a huge learning curve in 2013 for providers, coders and billers.

SharpenedPencil

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
Michele- Is the webinar available to the public? This is an area of interest to me. Thanks.

Michele

CPC
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
Michele- Is the webinar available to the public? This is an area of interest to me. Thanks.
It was prepared as a proprietary Power Point presentation for a client, (Whew! say that three times fast) so I'm sorry but it is not available to the public per se, but the compilation of information is from sources such as the 2013 CPT book.

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You know this is a specialty sect in coding. I know there are a lot of people out there would like more information in Psyciatric coding. If you come across a resource I would love to know about it. Insurance does not pay a lot of Psyc work and if that changes then you may see more information.