• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Question about exam question format

Lisa Selby

I just completed my certificate in billing and coding and am about to complete my AAS in medical office technology/billing and coding (have one general elective course to take). I have been working in medical offices for 17 years, the last twelve have been spent doing billing for a urology practice. I am scheduled to take my CPC exam this month and am wondering if the question format is more like the CCO 60 question practice exam or if they are more like the AAPC practice exam questions (long with a lot to read.) Does anyone have any idea?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
The CPC exam will most likely be a mix of short and long type questions, but there will be a lot of short questions, most likely, unless they've changed their format. When faced with a long scenario / chart, read the final question first so you know what you need to look for in the chart.

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
We have been told our practice exam is harder than the real thing so regardless of the length of the questions they way you have to approach the questions with process of eliminate is the key. Best wishes!