• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Re-Bubbling, Highlighting, and Annotating Each Year?

Pam H.

Dear CCO staff: Do you "copy" all of your handwritten bubbling, highlights, and annotations from last year's CPT, ICD, and HCPCS manuals to the next year's books every year? This seems like a daunting thing to do every year, but on the other hand as a coding student since Jan 2016 with my CPC exam coming up on May 21st, I can't imagine using my books without all of my hand writes. Do you transfer all of your hand writes each year and, if so, how long does it usually take?

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Yes we do! And yes it is a pain but helps us really become one with our manuals <g>.

Once you get certified tho you can just BHAT (Bubble Highlight Annotate Technique) your manuals in the sections you use i.e Cardiology if you work for a cardiologist.

Pam H.

Oh, I see, that makes sense - just the sections you use - whew, that's a whole lot better than the entirety of the manuals all over again! Thank you kindly for your quick reply, Laureen. You and your staff are truly outstanding.