• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CPT Repositioning of Gastrostomy Tube

DiCamille

Hello ~

Would anyone have any thoughts they'd care to share in this setting ~ please? This surgical setting included an insertion of a port-a-cath first. And then, there's this that has me stumped ~~~ my thinking leads me to 43760-52. The reason for the 52 modifier is basically to indicate the tube was repositioned rather than replaced.

Attention was then turned to the gastrostomy tube, which had been placed a week earlier, this tube was not functioning adequately because the tip was too far distally in the pylorus As such, even though we did have significant gastric drainage she was still vomiting Basically I deflated the balloon and then moved it out about 5 cm and then placed a 2-0 silk around the cuff of the disk to tighten the cuff around the remaining catheter. We had aspirated freely and hopefully the tube will be in a better position I did not want to take it out any more than that as I was afraid it would be removed too far. We will see how she does and if it is still not adequate we will have to back it out another couple of centimeters. The patient left the operating room in good condition.

Thanks for taking a peek!

Last edited: