• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Studying for the CPC Exam

Jod

Hello Everyone, I will be finished with my Medical Billing and Coding program in August 2013, I plan on taking the CPC Exam right after I have completed the program. How soon do you recommend I should start studying for the exam. Generally, how many months should be allotted for preparation and studying before a person attempt to take the exam? And to anyone that have purchase CCO's practice test, is it a printable practice test, and how many pages does it come out to be when printed if it is printable? Also, what would you suggest as study tools for the CPC exam? Look forward to hearing from you, Thanks!

Alicia Scott

Moderator, CCO Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I wouldn't say you needed very long but you need to have time to order the exams. They have to be ordered 4 to 6 weeks in advance and are not offered everywhere. Keep an eye on the www.AAPC.com website for your area. What we suggest you do is work a practice exam and if you get 85% at least you are golden....Practice exams as much as possible. Ours is on-line only. On practice exams I gave my students they would print out 45 pages at least.

The Blitz of course is the best tool. Also, if you struggle with E/M and don't get the Blitz get the E/M CEUs offered. Here is a link:
E/M CEUs

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
That is what I am going to do when studying for my CCS-P. Do a practice exam until I get between 85% and 90%, then I am set to go and take that exam.