• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Trouble keeping focused while studying?

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Did you ever try to learn something new and only to have a tough time concentrating? (This happens to me more than I want to admit!) Well, try this... Turn on free Pandora: either the free Pandora app on your smartphone OR go to pandora.com on your computer and create a free account. You get to choose your "stations" and you can have many... but definitely choose "Classical for Studying Radio" as one of them. Listen to it when you want to forge ahead and learn a tough subject! I find this station just about perfect to calm me down and still keep me motivated to read and study. I've conquered many tough reading assignments thanks to this station. No words, just various pieces with a nice tempo, that keeps a good pace for your brain to follow. Your study time will become a pleasure, if you are at all like me...

Try it out, and see if it works for you!

"Music is the art of the prophets and the gift of God." - Martin Luther

"I think all music is a gift from God" - Pharrell Williams

"I know this will blow your mind, but most people would probably never ever get it, but I listen to classical music when nobody else is around. It calms me down and I can get into this, like, deep thinking mode, you know, because there's really no lyrics to it, so you're not following something that - that you're listening to a story." - Vanilla Ice

Carolyn Heath

Blitzer
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Thanks for the tip, Ruth. I'll keep that in mind when I need some good studying music ;)

Catalino Cabe

OMG, a newb. Let's bury him alive! lol
If they can find me an all instrumental version of Brindisi from La Traviata, I'd be so happy.