The May 2016 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar from Certification Coaching Org (CCO) discussed a variety of topics of interest to medical coders. Topics covered included Back To Basics – Physician Billing – The Very First Step; ICD-10 Coding of Osteoarthritis; Which Credential After CPC?; ICD-10 Impact on Risk Adjustment; ER and Probable Diagnosis; Vaccination Coding; and Percutaneous Coronary Intervention CPT Coding. The CCO VIP opportunity and CCO’s Lunch & Learn Coding on FB Live, were also discussed. Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Educational topics were presented by Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM; Chandra Stephenson, CPC, CIC, COC, CPB, CPCO, CPMA, CPC-I, CCS, CANPC, CEMC, CFPC, CIMC, CGSC, COSC, CRC, CCC; Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC; and Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, COC, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM. The host for the webinar was Boyd Staszewski.
1. Certification Coaching Q & A Webinar May 2016
2. May 2016 | Q & A Webinar Agenda: 90-120 min:
- I: Introduction
- CCO News and Updates JoAnne Sheehan:
- Back to Basics Physician Billing – The Very First Step
- How to Determine if OS Site is Primary or Secondary Chandra Stephensen:
- ER and Probable DX
- Vaccine Administration Alicia Scott:
- Which credential is the best after CPC®?
- ICD-10 Impact on RA Laureen Jandroep:
- Cardiac Cath clarification question
- PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) CPT Coding
- II: Q&A from the CCO Community
3. This Month’s Q & A Webinar Agenda: 90-120 min
- IV: Your Questions in the Chat
- III: Close – @ 90 min-’ish’
- CEU Certificate
- Download Link Ask Along the way in the Questions box.
NOTE: We can’t answer every question. If your question isn’t selected, post it on our forum where fellow coders can help: https://www.cco.us/forum/
4. Why Stay To The End? Giveaway! Free Drawing of Your Choice of 1 of the following: Blitz Video Package | 2 CEU Webinars | 1 Hour Session with Laureen or Alicia and… Your AAPC CEU link for 1.5 CEUs (a change tonight)
5. First Webinar With Us? Poll How many CCO webinars have you attended?
6. Poll – What region of the country are you from? Poll
7. CCO Monthly Q&A Webinar CEU Changes Webinar Attendees:
- Accessed within 24 hours
- $5 – Worth 1 to 1.5 CEU per meeting
- Webinar Attendees: After 24 hours (only available to Replay Club Members):
- $0 – Included in your membership ($19.95 month) https://www.cco.us/club
- Don’t need CEU’s? Continue to attend the CCO webinar for free!
- Myrna Jackson 05/03/2016 Completed CPC Course (PBC)
- Rockeisha Clarke 05/09/2016 Completed CPC Course (PBC)
- Renee Holl 05/10/2016 Completed CPC Course (PBC)
- Janice Boylan 04/02/2016 Completed CPC Course (PBC)
- Dawn Crotty 03/26/2016 Completed CPC Course (PBC)
- Sandy Martin 04/25/2016 Completed CPC Blitz
- Ashley Brown-Pacheco 05/07/2016 Completed CPC Blitz
- Merlin Samson 04/21/2016 Completed CPC Practice Exam
- Anjee Brazelton 04/19/2016 Passed COC Exam
- Rockeisha Clarke 05/09/2016 Passed CPC Exam
- Merlin Samson 04/21/2016 Passed CPC Exam
- Dawn Crotty 03/26/2016 Passed CPC Exam
- Sandy Martin 04/25/2016 Passed CPC Exam
- Myrna Jackson 05/03/2016 Passed CPC Exam
- Renee Holl 05/10/2016 Passed CPC Exam
- Ashley Brown-Pacheco 05/07/2016 Passed CPC Exam
10. Q & A From the Community
- Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM CCO Sr. Instructor / Coach
- Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC CCO Education Director
- Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, COC, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM CCO Founder and CEO
- Chandra Stephenson, CPC, CIC, COC, CPB, CPCO, CPMA, CPC-I, CCS, CANPC, CEMC, CFPC, CIMC, CGSC, COaaSC, CRC, CCC CCO Program Director
11. Question: I can’t seem to get my first claim transmitted without some type of denial coming back. I am checking the CPT and ICD- 10-CM codes and it all links together. What is going on? Answer Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM CCO Sr. Instructor / Coach Back to Basics Physician Billing – The Very First Step
12. Question: Can we discuss coding osteoarthritis? I often see it diagnosed as osteoarthritis with a specified site but not if it is primary or secondary. Answer Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM CCO Sr. Instructor / Coach How to Determine if OS site is Primary or Secondary
13. Poll Poll Poll – Are You Certified?
14. Which Credential to Get After CPC®? Question: Which credential is the best after CPC®? ANSWER Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC CCO Education Director
15. Free COC Practice Exam Now Available http://go.cco.us/free-coc-online-practice-exam
16. ICD-10 Impact on RA Question: How has ICD-10-CM impacted risk adjustment conditions? Depression is an example. It will be important for the provider to mention the severity (mild, moderate, severe) or clinical status since Depression (ICD-9-CM: 311) now maps to Major Depressive Disorder, Initial Episode, Unspecified (ICD-10-CM: F32.9). If the provider mentions the severity or clinical status then it will risk adjust. Are there any conditions that the other coders are aware of? ANSWER Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC CCO Education Director
17. Poll What AAPC coding credential do you HAVE?
18. What coding credential do you WANT? Poll
19. CCO Presents Free! Topics include: Need Presentations for Your Local AAPC Chapter? More Information: https://www.cco.us/remote-presentations/ The Local AAPC Chapter of Columbus GA for “EM Coding: Locate Your HEM in Time” EM: “Locate your HEM in Time – A Unique Way to Understanding EM Coding” What is HCC/Risk Adjustment Coding How to prepare for CPC Exam Modifiers – It’s All About The Money How to “Prepare for ICD-10 Proficiency without Stress” CPT Coding updates Any section of the CPT Manual – Anesthesia, Integumentary, Digestive, Medicine Any section of ICD manual or guidelines Any topic you’d like developed! “Cardiology Section of CPT” Jackson MS
20. ER and Probable DX Question: Are Emergency Dept visits diagnoses which state “suspected,” “presumed,” etc, to be coded following the inpatient or outpatient guidelines? That is, are coders to follow inpatient guidelines of “confirmed” if the patient is admitted through the ED to Observation/Inpatient status and use the outpatient guidelines of “not confirmed” if patient is discharged from ED to home? Can you please give me direction on this. Answer Chandra Stephenson, CPC, CIC, COC, CPB, CPCO, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, CCS, CANPC, CEMC, CFPC, CIMC, CGSC, COSC, CRC, CCC CCO Program Director
21. https://www.facebook.com/cco.us/ Wednesday 2PM EasternLunch and Learn Coding
22. Poll Poll – Joining Us on Facebook Live? This webinar is being simulcast on Go To: https://www.facebook.com/cco.us
23. Vaccine Administration Question: What should be the correct coding sequence about the vaccine? Code first the vaccine and then the route of administration? But some will start their coding the administration then the vaccine? What is the correct sequence code? Answer Chandra Stephenson, CPC, CIC, COC, CPB, CPCO, CPMA, CPPM, CPC-I, CCS, CANPC, CEMC, CFPC, CIMC, CGSC, COSC, CRC, CCC CCO Program Director
24. Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) Price Increase https://www.cco.us/certified-outpatient-coder-coc-course-exam-preparation $1495 $548 Final Days to Save! $350 Price Increase On May 22nd at Midnight EDT New
25. Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) PLUS Medical Terminology & Anatomy for Medical Coders (MTA) Course Price Increase https://www.cco.us/course-bundles $1852 $509 New
26. PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) CPT Coding Question: Please review PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) CPT Coding Answer Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, COC, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM CCO Founder and CEO
27. Choice of Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen (or Alicia) Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Let’s Pick A Winner!
28. Your Questions from the Chat Questions In The Chat- May 2016 Your Webinar Chat Team
29. Removal of Prosthesis Question: How do I code the repair of large omphalocele when the removal of prosthesis, final reduction and closure happens in bed side and not in OR. Can you give the appropriate code for this procedure.
30. Maxillofacial or Dental Codes Question: Does CMS require DDS provider billing for maxillofacial with CPT codes or the dental CDT code? Thank you so much!
31. OA Question: If you query, are physicians usually forthcoming when giving the specific info you need to code OA correctly?
32. Osteoarthritis Question: If HPI ROS and exam states pt has osteoarthritis of left hip but provider codes osteoarthritis hip unspecified (because they don’t want to find the specific code) can you code the left hip from the above mentioned?
33. RHIT-CCA Question: I have an RHIT-CCA thru AHIMA how is this compared to the credentials on the screen?
34. Z51.89 Question: When coding inpatient is anyone else using Z51.89 for patients who are admitted for rehab or is it specific only to physical or occupational therapy coding?
35. It’s FREE! Join Now! Limited Seats Available! Details & Register Now: https://www.cco.us/webinarvip
36. Thanks For Coming! Got Value? https://www.cco.us/webinarvip
37. Happy Coding! Did You Know: Facebook 2PM Every Wednesday