Slideshare August 2013 Q & A Medical Coding Certification Webinar
The webinar covered many medical coding topics including Burns-TSBA and 948, GA & GX Modifiers for PT, Malignant Ascites Primary Site Unknown, Stent Codes, Cardiac Diagnosis Codes, Discharge and Admit Within Hours, RA Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- 1. Coding Certification Q & A Webinar – August 2013 Laureen Jandroep, CPC Sr. Instructor, CodingCertification.Org
- 2. Twitter Chat • Twitter Chat Service is up again • http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat • log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat • It automatically puts our hash tag #ccochat on all messages
- 3. Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- 4. Who is Laureen? •Graduated with a Bachelors in Occupational Therapy •Owned and Managed Rehab Agency •Owned and Managed Medical Billing Company •Owned and Managed Billing and Coding School – brick and mortar as well as online •Started National Coding Discussion List “Coding & Reimbursement Network” – now the CCO-L •Sold Online School which is now operated by AAPC •Currently works full time for 3M HIS/CodeRyte as a Clinical Development Specialist •Teaches Coding Certification Review Blitz as well as other coding seminars. •Has taken and passed the CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, CCS, RCC and currently maintains her CPC, CPC-I and new CPPM credentials •Married since 1989 with 5 kids (1 grown step-son and 4 little ones age 7 and under.
- 5. Who is Laureen?
- 6. Who is Alicia? • Held several jobs in the medical field from, CNA, EMT, Pharmacy technician and Medical Records Abstractor, Analyst and Nursing. • Joined the AAPC and became certified as a CPC in 2011 • Working towards Masters in Healthcare Administration with an emphasis on education. • Former Instructor at a private college teaching medical coding and billing and medical law and ethics. • Working now as a remote Medicare Advantage Coder for Optum. • Alicia will tell you that not only does she love medical coding but she has a passion for teaching it. • Presently Alicia lives in West Texas and is married with six children (no that is not a typo!)
- 7. Who is Alicia?
- 8. Who is Alicia?
- 9. •Master of Ceremonies for CCO Q&A Webinars •Web Administrator for CodingCertification.Org •Business coach Who is Boyd?
- 10. And the rest of the CCO Webinar Team? Lisa Perez – Marketing Director, Newsletter Editor Ruth Sheets, CPC-A, Administrative Specialist Sylvia Ann Wiegand, Administrative Assistant – Helpdesk Read More https://www.cco.us/about-us/
Slideshare: August 2013 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
- 11. Stay to the End For… • Giveaways • AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
- 12. WEBINAR CEU’s ! Monthly CCO Webinars: • * Now worth 1 CEU • per meeting • * 12 free CEUs per year -Regular Attendees -Replay Club Members https://www.cco.us/club
- 13. Ariane Jackson (passed CPC 7/22/13) Jennifer Purk (passed CPC 7/22/13) Alicia Bryant (passed CPC 7/27/13) Amy Garcia (passed CPC 8/2/13) Christy Halbert (passed CPC 7/20/13) Siddhartha Roy (passed CPC 8/7/13) Anyone else out there who passed recently? Congratulations to…
- 14. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you have?
- 15. Student Case Studies Our Special Guest Tonight… Tamara Lucus, CPC-I, CPC-H
- 16. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- 17. Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Medical Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Quick Outline of Product Lineup
- 18. Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- 19. Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package 15 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Need CEUs?
- 20. Burn – Multiple sites If I have a patient with more than one burn site with multiple degrees how do I code that? Now, what will happen with 2nd degree for both anatomical site? Do I go to higher percent? What if there’s no percent that is mentioned? What if both anatomical sites had burns with the same percent? ANSWER
- 21. I am trying to figure out these new GA and GX modifiers and where and when to use them with physical therapy in an office setting. Does anyone know more about this? Some secondary insurances will still pay for PT after the Medicare benefit runs out so which one do you use and when? ANSWER GA & GX Modifiers for PT
- 22. Malignant Ascites Primary Site unknown I am having a disagreement with my fellow coder. It states under 789.51 that you are to code the primary and/or secondary malignancy first and it states 197.6 for the secondary malignant neoplasm of retro-peritoneum and peritoneum. So I think its 197.6 and 199.1? please help? ANSWER
- 23. I have been billing heart cath and angioplasty and stent codes 93458-26,-59, 92928 I added modifier 59 to indicated that this were two different procedures but I am still getting denials in the EOB it says they are bundled codes. So my question is how can I get paid for this two procedures if they are done the same day? ANSWER Stent Codes
- 24. Cardiac Diagnosis Codes Common Cardiac Codes You Need To Know 414.00, 414.01 443.9, 429.2 412 ANSWER
- 25. I have a pt that was being discharged from the hospital from one physician & within a couple of hours she was admitted by a different physician. Can we use the admit/discharge code (99234, 99235, or 99236)? If you can not bill this code could you give a reason why we could not? Thank you, Debi ANSWER Discharge and Admit within hours
- 26. RA Rheumatoid Arthritis 714.0 714.0, HCC 38, RxHCC 41 What should a coder know about RA? ANSWER
- 27. Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification http: Help Us Get The Word Out
- 28. Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials Help Us Get The Word Out
- 29. Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen Free Drawing! Your Choice of: http://random.org
- 30. Our Facility Based Coding (FBC) Course is built and accepting students NOW – will you be one of them? Prepares you for the CPC-H which is Non-Inpatient Hospital Coding. $300 Off Until?…… Anyone else thinking of getting this credential? CPC-H Course Open
- 31. Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- 32. Thanks For Being With Us!
Presenters were Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, CMSCS, CHCI and Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I.
Get More Details about Medical Coding Webinar