The August 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Certification Webinar from www. discussed several topics of interest to medical coders including CPC Exam Prep: What is HIPAA?, ICD-9-CM codes 946 and 949, Twins, Compare Septicemia, SIRS and Sepsis, Test Taking Tip for ICD-10, Patient Education on Diabetes, and a Scenario from E/M.. New product offerings from CodingCertification.Org were discussed including a course in HCC coding (Hierarchical Condition Categories and a course on ICD-10-PCS for inpatient medical coding which will begin September 9, 2014. This addition to CodingCertification.Org product line will allow coders who are preparing for the AHIMA CCS certification to obtain all the necessary curricula from CodingCertification.Org. CodingCertification.Org’s current product line was also reviewed. A recent CodingCertification.Org graduate, Ryan Gosselin, CPC, CPMA shared his experience with CCO. Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, presented the educational topics. Boyd Staszewski hosted this webinar.
Topics discussed on the Slide:
- Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- August 2014
- Twitter Chat (optional but fun!) ● Twitter Chat Service is up ● http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat ● log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat ● It automatically puts our hashtag #ccochat on all messages
- Stay to the End For… ● A giveaway and your ● AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
- Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- Congratulations to… Paula Hanson – passed CPC 7/24/14 Heather Brockett – passed CPC 7/30/14 Dawn Francis – passed CPC 8/2/14 Joelle Booth – passed CPC 8/15/14 Ryan Gosselin-passed CPMA 8/16/14 Anyone else out there who passed recently?
- Quick Outline of Product Lineup Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse or ICD-10 FULL Course Medical Billing Course (PBB) http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- Other CEUs from CCO! Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package (CPC Blitz) 17 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each ICD-10-CM Mini Course 8 CEUs! ICD-10-CM Full Course 37.5 CEUs! Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) 30.5 CEUs! Physician Practice Manager (PPM) 6.5 CEUs! Medical Billing Course (PBB) 18.5 CEUs! http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- Coming Soon New HCC Course! We are proud to announce that CCO will be offering a course in HCC coding in the near future. Stay tuned for details.
Slideshare: August 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
- Announcing New Auditing Course! https://www.cco.us/certified-professional-medical-auditor-cpma-course-exam-preparation For those wanting to become a certified professional medical auditor – CPMA we are happy to announce that the new course has been launched.
- Your Physician Based Medical Auditing Instructor: Tamara Lucus CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPMA
- And another new course is coming! https://www.cco.us/icd-10-pcs-procedural-coding-course Class Starts in September
- Poll Interested in any of our new courses coming out?
- Guest Ryan Gosselin, CPC, CPMA
- CPC Exam Prep: What is HIPAA?* What is HIPAA and what should a coder know about it?ANSWER
- 946 and 949 Dx category codes 946 and 949 – what's the difference? Can you give an example? Thanks, Chaim ANSWER
- Poll Poll – What coding credential do you HAVE?
- Compare Septicemia, SIRS and Sepsis* Please clarify the differences between Septicemia, SIRS, and Sepsis. ANSWER
- Test Taking Tip for ICD-10 Question: What is the best method for ICD-10 multiple choice questions, compare and contrast the ICD-10 answers in Tabular OR use the Index? ANSWE
- Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- Patient Education on Diabetes We have a client with type-1 diabetes and I get 3 encounter forms a day for when this nurse gives the client her insulin and every time she marks the box for administering insulin and also marks the 98960 box for patient education. ANSWER
- I pulled this scenario from E/M university and would like to know why only 1 bullet was credited for the cardiovascular system: ANSWER Scenario from E/M
- Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- ICD-10 Prep CCO Style ● ICD-10-CM Mini Course ○ 40 hour course equivalent ○ using Carol Buck’s “Step-by-Step Medical Coding” ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie ● ICD-10-CM Practice Exams
- CCO eBooks!
- Help Us Get The Word Out Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification
- Help Us Get The Word Out Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials
- Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen http://random.org
- Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- Questions In The Chat ANSWERS
- Advice for New Coder Q. I've recently received my CPC certification, and now I am currently working in a coding department and I am struggling. There have been a couple of instances when I've been told that I am billing for services when there isn't proper documentation. My employer has thinks that since we're certified, we should now know everything. Can you give any advice? Christopher
- ICD 9 or ICD 10 Q. Hello…I just started the CPC program with ICD 9 so I will be testing on ICD 9. With ICD 10 coming out..should I be concerned about that or just continue to focus on ICD 9 ? Thanks Sue
- Study tips for the Exam Q. I just completed my medical coding classes through my local community college; how would be the best way to study for the exam? I am fearful of failing since I still get confused on some things. Lona
- CPC Exam 2015 Q. Will the CPC exam change for 2015? Drieca
- Web Address Looking up Codes Q.Can Alicia give that web address at the end. on looking up codes. Lori
Thanks For Being With Us!
Find out More about Medical Coding Webinar
Submit your review