Slideshare of December 2013 Medical Coding Certification Webinar Q & A from CodingCertification discussed several Medical Coding topics of interest to medical coders including What Credential to Get First, ICD-10-CM codes used in chiropractic coding, two ICD-10-CM coding practice questions, Disorders of the Eye and Adnexa, and Gastrointestinal Ulcers. The focus for this month was ICD-10-CM.
December 2013 Medical Coding Webinar
Here are the Topic discussed on the Slide:
- 1. Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- December 2013
- 2. Twitter Chat (optional but fun!) • • • • Twitter Chat Service is up http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat It automatically puts our hash tag #ccochat on all messages
- 3. Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- 4. Stay to the End For… • Giveaways • AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
- 5. WEBINAR CEU’s ! Monthly CCO Webinars: * Now worth 1 CEU per meeting • • • * 12 free CEUs per year -Regular Attendees -Replay Club Members https://www.cco.us/club
- 6. Other CEUs from CCO! Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package 13 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- 7. Congratulations to… Stacey Walker (passed CPC 11/16/13) Kimberly Stachura (passed CPC 12/14/13) Catherine Davis (passed CPC 11/23/13) Carmen Valentin (passed CPC 12/16/13) Stephanie Meimann (passed CPC 12/19/13) Anyone else out there who passed recently?
- 8. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you have?
- 9. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- 10. Quick Outline of Product Lineup Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse ICD-10 FULL Course http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- 11. ICD-10 Prep CCO Style ● ICD-10-CM Mini Course ○ 40 hour course equivalent ○ using Carol Buck’s “Step-by-Step Medical Coding” ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie ● ICD-10-CM Practice Exams
- 12. New Partnership! +
- 13. Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- 14. Student Case Studies Our Special Guest Tonight… Ariane Jackson (passed CPC 7/22/13)
- 15. Congratulations re Aviacode Job I am your first CCO Practicode student to work for Aviacode and it happened in least than one month after purchasing the program. I will still be working in Practicode to continue to get more experience and get more proficiency in coding. I am doing HCC Coding and am working at home (and I love it!!!). -Carolyn Heath
- 16. What Credential to get First? I am just about to finish the Medical Billing and Coding training program at a local technology center. What credential should I look at obtaining first? – Susan ANSWER
- 17. Chiropractic Coding – ICD-10 Codes? I am a recent recipient of my coding certification (July) and have recently began working for a chiropractic office. I was hoping there would be some insight on whether the ICD-10 codes will still be the same for these areas. Has anyone heard anything? Thanks! ANSWER
- 18. ICD-10 Practice Question I am having a little trouble on this practice question, maybe I’m only over thinking. Can you help? Thank you A 23 year old male who previously suffered a metacarpal fracture of the left hand, 2nd metacarpal bone, as the result of a gunshot wound develops a nonunion of the metacarpal. ANSWER
- 19. Disorders of the Eye and Adnexa There is a new chapter in ICD-10-CM. Disorders of the Eye and Adnexa. So what is in it? ANSWER
- 20. Gastrointestinal Ulcers Understanding the disease process for ICD-10-CM coding. ANSWER
- 21. Family Practice/Internal Medicine ICD-10 Family Practice/Internal Medicine ICD-10 An example of a real case to code. ANSWER
- 22. CCO eBooks!
- 23. Help Us Get The Word Out Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification http:
- 24. Help Us Get The Word Out Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials
- 25. Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen http://random.org
- 26. Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- 27. Thanks For Being With Us!
Attendees’ questions on various topics were answered. A student who recently passed the CPC exam was interviewed. Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, was the presenter for this webinar. Boyd Staszewski assisted.
Learn More about Medical Coding Webinar