January 2014 Medical Coding Certification Webinar Q & A from CodingCertification.org discussed several Medical Coding topics of interest to medical coders includingICD-10-CM Burns and TBSA, Gestational Diabetes, HCPCS Level II, Respiratory Dependency, Skin Substitute-15275, ICD9 vs. ICD10: Wait to Take the CPC Exam?, Physician Visit after Surgery, and a Diabetes Case from Practicode.
January 2014 Medical Coding Webinar
- 1. Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- January 2014
- 2. Twitter Chat (optional but fun!) • • • • Twitter Chat Service is up http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat It automatically puts our hash tag #ccochat on all messages
- 3. Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- 4. Stay to the End For… • Giveaways • AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
- 5. WEBINAR CEU’s ! Monthly CCO Webinars: * Now worth 1 CEU per meeting • • • * 12 free CEUs per year -Regular Attendees -Replay Club Members https://www.cco.us/club
- 6. Other CEUs from CCO! Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package 13 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- 7. Congratulations to… Cindy Wilson (passed CCS 9/7/13) Laura Wright (passed CPC 12/21/13) Linda Crutcher (passed CPC 12/28/13) Christina Eastwood (passed CPC 1/5/14) Anyone else out there who passed recently?
- 8. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you have?
- 9. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- 10. Quick Outline of Product Lineup Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse ICD-10 FULL Course http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- 11. ICD-10 Prep CCO Style ● ICD-10-CM Mini Course ○ 40 hour course equivalent ○ using Carol Buck’s “Step-by-Step Medical Coding” ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie ● ICD-10-CM Practice Exams
- 12. New Partnership! +
- 13. Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- 14. Student Case Studies Our Special Guest Tonight… Joseph Samet, CPC-A
- 15. ICD-10-CM Burns & TBSA When coding ICD-10-CM associated with burns by degrees and the TBSA also incorporated into the code? ANSWER
- 16. Gestational Diabetes I want to code 648.8 for gestational diabetes. I do NOT need a 250 code with that correct because 250 codes EXCLUDE gestational diabetes. Right? – Dawn ANSWER
- 17. HCPCS Level II Diana asks – “I need help determining which HCPCS level II code to use for ‘Five surgical team members meet with patient to determine a treatment course’. Would it be a G code?” ANSWER
- 18. Respiratory Dependency Could you explain how to code for respiratory dependency? v46.1 v46.2 ANSWER
- 19. Skin Substitute How would you report the application of a 5 sq cm skin substitute to the right index finger, a 6 sq cm skin substitute to the left thumb, and a 15 sq cm skin substitute to the right foot? ANSWER
- 20. ICD9 vs ICD10 Should I wait to take the CPC exam when ICD 10 comes out? ANSWER
- 21. Physician Visit after Surgery How do you code physician visits in an outpatient setting after surgery who is not in observation or inpatient and was not the surgeon? ANSWER
- 22. Diabetes Case Practicode case with answers in ICD-9-CM and ICD-10CM ANSWER
- 23. CCO eBooks!
- 24. Help Us Get The Word Out Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification http:
- 25. Help Us Get The Word Out Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials
- 26. Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen http://random.org
- 27. Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- 28. Thanks For Being With Us!
Attendees’ questions on various topics were answered. A graduate of CodingCertification.Org’s Physician Based Coding Course who recently passed the CPC exam was interviewed. Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, and Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, were the presenters for this webinar. Boyd Staszewski assisted.
Find out More about Medical Coding Webinar
Submit your review