June 2013 Q & A Medical Coding Certification Webinar covered many topics including ICD9 vs. ICD10, Coding books for 2014, Tips for answering ICD-9-CM exam questions, Bilateral Myocutaneous Pectoralis Flap, HCPCS after ICD-10-CM/PCS.
Here are the Information discuss on the Slides:
- 1. Coding Certification Q & A Webinar – June 2013 http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat Laureen Jandroep, CPC Sr. Instructor, CodingCertification.Org
- 2. Twitter Chat ● http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat ● Who will have the most tweets? :) ● Poll
- 3. Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- 4. Who is Laureen? ●Graduated with a Bachelors in Occupational Therapy ●Owned and Managed Rehab Agency ●Owned and Managed Medical Billing Company ●Owned and Managed Billing and Coding School – brick and mortar as well as online ●Started National Coding Discussion List “Coding & Reimbursement Network” – now the CCO-L ●Sold Online School which is now operated by AAPC ●Currently works full time for 3M HIS/CodeRyte as a Clinical Development Specialist ●Teaches Coding Certification Review Blitz as well as other coding seminars. ●Has taken and passed the CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P, CCS, RCC and currently maintains her CPC, CPC-I and new CPPM credentials ●Married since 1989 with 5 kids (1 grown step-son and 4 little ones age 7 and under.
- 5. Who is Laureen?
- 6. Who is Alicia? ● Held several jobs in the medical field from, CNA, EMT, Pharmacy technician and Medical Records Abstractor, Analyst and Nursing. ● Joined the AAPC and became certified as a CPC in 2011 ● Working towards Masters in Healthcare Administration with an emphasis on education. ● Former Instructor at a private college teaching medical coding and billing and medical law and ethics. ● Working now as a remote Medicare Advantage Coder for Optum. ● Alicia will tell you that not only does she love medical coding but she has a passion for teaching it. ● Presently Alicia lives in West Texas and is married with six children (no that is not a typo!)
- 7. Who is Alicia?
- 8. ●Master of Ceremonies for CCO Q&A Webinars ●Web Administrator for CodingCertification.Org ●Business coach Who is Boyd?
- 9. And the rest of the CCO Webinar Team? Lisa Perez – Marketing Director Ruth Sheets, CPC-A, Administrative Specialist Sylvia Ann Wiegand, Administrative Assistant – Helpdesk Read More https://www.cco.us/about-us/
- 10. Stay to the End For… ● Giveaways ● AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
Slideshare: June 2013 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
- 11. Special Announcement: WEBINAR CEU’s ! Monthly CCO Webinars: ● * Now worth 1 CEU ● per meeting ● * 12 free CEUs per year -Regular Attendees -Replay Club Members https://www.cco.us/club
- 12. Alexandra Berlet (passed CPC 5/21/13) Michelle West (passed CPC 5/22/13) Kathleen Donoghue (passed CPC 5/23/13) Sandra Foltz (passed CPC 5/18/13) Kathleen Reeb (passed CPC 5/18/13) Ashley Enciso (passed CPC 6/13/13) Dorsey Taylor (passed CPC 6/15/13) Mary Ann Teal (passed CPC 6/15/13) Natalie Sweat (passed CCA 6/15/13) Anyone else out there who passed recently? Congratulations to…
- 13. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you have? CPC CPC-H CPPM CCS CCS-P Other
- 14. Student Case Studies Our Special Guest Tonight… Denise Hattub, CPC-A
- 15. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT? CPC CPC-H CPPM CCS CCS-P Other
- 16. Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) 150 Question Downloadable Practice Exam (included in PBC) Combo MTA + PBC Course (includes all of the above) NEW – Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) CEU Webinars ICD-10-CM MiniCourse CodingCertification.Org/Products Quick Outline of Product Lineup
- 17. Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- 18. Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package 15 CEUs! CEU Webinars ICD-10-CM MiniCourse CodingCertification.Org/Products Need CEUs?
- 19. Coding Difficult Op Reports Bilateral Myocutaneous Pectoralis Muscle Flap ANSWER
- 20. HCPCS after ICD-10-CM/PCS Hi, would HCPCS be terminated after ICD-10-CM/PCS implementation comes into effect next year? I would highly appreciate some guidance. Thanks! – Kevin ANSWER
- 21. ICD-9 vs ICD-10 (2013 or 2014 Certification) If I am planning on taking the CPC or CPC-H exam this year. Will I still have to be recertified again next year for ICD-10? I have heard several members state that it is mandatory for everyone and is offered online without being proctored. Would you advise that I just wait and take the exam next year with all of the upcoming changes. Some members are saying that it might not occur in 2014, due to the expense of the software for providers. Any advice would greatly be appreciated! Sincerely, Sally ANSWER
- 22. Books for 2014 I went to the AAPC website to see what books they were offering for 2014 and it just left me with more questions! I see that AAPC has special reduced prices until June 30th, but what books should I be ordering? It would be great it Laureen covered this in the webinar so we could make an informed decision by June 30th. a) Last year there was a freeze on ICD-9 code changes and really there was no great reason to buy the ICD-9-CM book for 2013. Maybe, they had some typos corrected, but the codes did not change. (Of course, I did not figure this out until I had the 2013 book.) Is that freeze still on? Should I just keep the 2013 ICD-9-CM book to use for the first part of 2014? b) Should I purchase the ICD-10-CM Draft book? Or wait for the ICD-10-CM “Real” version? c) When will the ICD-10-CM “Real” manual be available? I guess these questions may have different answers for those people taking the CPC exam in 2014, before and after Oct 2014, and those who are already certified and have access to an encoder, such as Supercoder. ANSWER
- 23. Process of Elimination for ICD9 Hello, do you have a blitz process of elimination for ICD-9 questions? Seems there is a process for this I hear. Thank you -Leticia ANSWER
- 24. Amanda – Please help me understand how to properly code for a routine well-woman exam (preventative yearly check-up) for an established pt under 39 yrs, AND a separate issue, like depression. (the primary reason for the visit is the preventative care, but during the visit the 2nd reason, depression, is discussed and pt issued rx for meds and/or counseling). Wouldn’t it be 99395, 99213-25? I’m SO confused with modifiers. Thanks for helping. ANSWER Preventative Code + E/M w/modifier?
- 25. In E/M , in Medical Decision Making , Number of Diagnoses ( New Problem ) Maximum 1.What does this mean ? Can someone explain this to me .Thanks . ANSWER Medical Decision Making
- 26. Hi, I code cpt 36415 along with labs and have noticed that Medicare and most other carries, deny as global (considered routine & is not covered) except when billed with “Physicals”, I have also noticed 36415 is not anywhere on cci edits however 36410 is. Is 36410 the preferred venipuncture code for lab draws now? – Teresa ANSWER CPT 36415 replaced with 36410?
- 27. TiffanyM- Hello, I am very interested in learning about providers billing a patient as new and established at the same time. I work in the medical field. I came across a claim where the provider billed three lines of service. A 99386 – For the preventative visit – dx – Well GYN exam. On the next line they billed the Q code which is ok, and let me add, they also attached a 25 modifier to the 99386. On the 3rd line they billed a 99213 – Established Patient – Office or other outpatient visit, attached a modifier 25 to this code as well. ANSWER Billing a Patient as New & Established
- 28. Like us on Facebook Help Us Get The Word Out
- 29. Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials Help Us Get The Word Out
- 30. Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen Free Drawing! Your Choice of: http://random.org
- 31. Our Facility Based Coding (FBC) Course is built and accepting students NOW – will you be one of them? Prepares you for the CPC-H® which is Non-Inpatient Hospital Coding. Anyone else thinking of getting this credential? (poll) CPC-H® Course Open
- 32. Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- 33. Thanks For Being With Us!
Learn More about Medical Coding Webinar