The June 2014 Medical Coding Certification Webinar Q & A from www. discussed several Medical Coding topics of interest to medical coders including ASC CMS 1500 form vs. UB04, National Coverage Determinations (NCDs) and Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs), Place of Service Codes, and Status Codes. New courses in auditing (CPMA) and ICD-10-PCS coding were highlighted. CodingCertification.Org’s product line was discussed. Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Presenters were Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, Tammy Lucus, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPMA and Dawn Moreno, Ph.D., CBCS, CMAA, MTC. Boyd Staszewski hosted this webinar.
- Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- June 2014
- Twitter Chat (optional but fun!) ● Twitter Chat Service is up ● http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat ● log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat ● It automatically puts our hash tag #ccochat on all messages
- Stay to the End For… ● Giveaways ● AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
- Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- Kim Hickman (passed CPC 2/22/14) Lori Baxendale (passed CPC-H 4/26/14) Annette Trimble (passed CPC 5/8/14) Clara Whitten (passed CPC 5/22/14) Breanne Hale (passed CPC 6/3/14) Anyone else out there who passed recently? Congratulations to…
- Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse or ICD-10 FULL Course Medical Billing Course (PBB) http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Quick Outline of Product Lineup
Slideshare: June 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
- Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package (CPC Blitz) 17 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each ICD-10-CM Mini Course 8 CEUs! ICD-10-CM Full Course 37.5 CEUs! Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) 30.5 CEUs! http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Other CEUs from CCO!
- For those wanting to become a certified professional medical auditor – CPMA we will be starting a new class Wednesday nights starting July 2nd until September 9th. Enroll by June 30th for deep discount of $380.05! Look for email in the next day or so. Announcing New Auditing Course! https://www.cco.us/certified-professional-medical-auditor-cpma-course-exam-preparation
- Tamara Lucus CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CPMA Your Physician Based Medical Auditing Instructor:
- Auditing Today What type of a person signs up for a medical auditing course?
- Auditing Today What opportunities are out there for Medical Auditors today?
- New Coder and Auditing Course Does it make sense for a newly certified coder to take the auditing course when they don’t have any coding experience? ANSWER
- And another new course! https://www.cco.us/icd-10-pcs-procedural-coding-course Class Starts in September
- Poll Interested in any of our new courses coming out?
- 1500 or UB 04? Do ASCs use the CMS 1500 or UB 04 forms? ANSWER
- Poll Poll – What coding credential do you HAVE?
- NCD/LCD Please explain what National Coverage Determination and Local Coverage Determination are and how they are used. Thanks! ANSWER
- Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- ● ICD-10-CM Mini Course ○ 40 hour course equivalent ○ using Carol Buck’s “Step-by-Step Medical Coding” ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie ● ICD-10-CM Practice Exams ICD-10 Prep CCO Style
- CPC Exam Prep: Place of Service Codes What are place of service codes and how are they used? ANSWER
- Status Codes I had trouble finding a code and was told it was a status code. What is a status code? ANSWER
- Practicode What is the difference in what the AAPC offers with Practicode and what CCO offers? asked Bobbie ANSWER
- CCO eBooks!
- Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification http: Help Us Get The Word Out
- Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials Help Us Get The Word Out
- Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen Free Drawing! Your Choice of: http://random.org
- Questions In The Chat ANSWERS
- Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- Thanks For Being With Us!
More information about Medical Coding Webinar
Submit your review