The March 2014 Medical Coding Certification Webinar Q & A from www. discussed several Medical Coding topics of interest to medical coders including Adverse Effect – ICD-10-CM, Modifier 26, ICD-10 Atherosclerosis, Transport 99466, Burns, Gallbladder Ultrasound, Thyroid Profile, and an a coding example from Practicode. The highlights of CodingCertification.Org’s product line were discussed. Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I and Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, were the presenters, and Boyd Staszewski hosted this webinar.
Here are the topics discussed in the slides:
• Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- March 2014
• Twitter Chat (optional but fun!) • Twitter Chat Service is up • http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat • log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat • It automatically puts our hash tag #ccochat on all messages
• Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
• Stay to the End For… • Giveaways • AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
• WEBINAR CEU’s ! Monthly CCO Webinars: • * Now worth 1 CEU • per meeting • * 12 free CEUs per year -Regular Attendees -Replay Club
Slideshare: March 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
• Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package 13 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Other CEUs from CCO!
• Deidra Keita (passed CPC 2/25/14) Anthony Corbi (passed CPC 3/17/14) Anyone else out there who passed recently? Congratulations to…
• Poll Poll – What coding credential do you have?
• Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
• Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Medical Billing Course (PPB) Mini-Mock Practice Exams CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse or ICD-10 FULL Course http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Quick Outline of Product Lineup
• ● ICD-10-CM Mini Course ○ 40 hour course equivalent ○ using Carol Buck’s “Step-by-Step Medical Coding” ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie ● ICD-10-CM Practice Exams ICD-10 Prep CCO Style
• Practicode New Partnership! +
• Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
• Student Case Studies Our Special Guest Tonight… Dawn Moreno, PhD, CBCS, CMAA, MTC, CPL, CLT
• CCO Billing Course
• Adverse Effect – ICD-10-CM A patient with upper respiratory infection is prescribed penicillin. She returns 5 days later with pruritus of scalp following ingestion of penicillin prescribed and taken correctly. Please explain whether to choose A or S for 7th character on the adverse effect code? Would it always be an S for any code in the Adverse Effect column? ANSWER
• I was reviewing Laureen’s Blitz video yesterday on Radiology and I wanted you to clear up something for me. She stated “supervision and administration is not the same as modifier 26” Now I understand that modifier 26 is interpretation and REPORT. but I’m not really following what is she meaning by “supervision and administration” ANSWER Modifier 26
• ICD-10 Atherosclerosis Atherosclerosis of the left internal mammary artery bypass graft? I see nothing specific on the mammary. How would you code this? ANSWER
• A 20 month old critically ill child needs to be moved from the County Hospital to Children’s Hospital in a nearby city. Dr. West provides face-to-face critical care services during the 32 min. transport of the child by helicopter. During the transport he provides monitoring of heart rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure and pulse oximetry. Upon arriving at Children’s Hospital, he provided analysis of clinical data stored on computers regarding blood pressure and hematologic data. What are the CPT codes? A)99466 B)99466, 99090 C)99466, 99467 D)99485 ANSWER Transport 99466
• Burns I need some help 2014 cpt book new code like burn (how many % body area burn that, because old book is % new book table so how to use it? ANSWER
• If the radiology report states Procedure: Gallbladder Ultrasound—–Technique: High resolution sonographic examination was performed on the abdomen. Which code is best 76700 US Exam Abdomen Complete or 76705 Echo Exam of Abdomen? The findings were inconclusive with a probable cholesterol-type polyps. Due to probable status would this be coded Abnormal findings 793.3? ANSWER Gallbladder Ultrasound
• Thyroid Profile Can you please tell me the code for thyroid profile? Is there any profile code for it or separately billable? ANSWER
• Practicode ICD-10 Practicode Case ANSWER
• CCO eBooks!
• Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification http: Help Us Get The Word Out
• Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials Help Us Get The Word Out
• Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen Free Drawing! Your Choice of: http://random.org
• Questions in the Chat? HELP!
• Questions In The Chat ANSWERS
• Thanks For Being With Us!
Learn More information about Medical Coding Webinar
Submit your review