Slides from the May 2013 Q&A CCO Medical Coding Certification Webinar
- 1. Coding Certification Q & A Webinar – May 2013 http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat Laureen Jandroep, CPCSr. Instructor, CodingCertification.Org
- 2. PollPoll – How many CCOwebinars have youattended?
- 3. Who is Laureen?• Graduated with a Bachelors in Occupational Therapy• Owned and Managed RehabAgency• Owned and Managed MedicalBilling Company• Owned and Managed Billing andCoding School – brick and mortaras well as online• Started National CodingDiscussion List “Coding &Reimbursement Network” – nowthe CCO-L• Sold Online School which is now operatedby AAPC• Currently works full time for 3M HIS/CodeRyte as a Clinical DevelopmentSpecialist• Teaches Coding Certification Review Blitzas well as other coding seminars.• Has taken and passed the CPC, CPC-H,CCS-P, CCS, RCC and currently maintainsher CPC, CPC-I and new CPPM credentials• Married since 1989 with 5 kids (1 grownstep-son and 4 little onesage 7 and under.
- 5. Who is Alicia?• Held several jobs in the medical field from, CNA, EMT, Pharmacy technicianand Medical Records Abstractor, Analyst and Nursing.• Joined the AAPC and became certified as a CPC in 2011• Working towards Masters in Healthcare Administration with an emphasis oneducation.• Former Instructor at a private college teaching medical coding and billing and medical law and ethics.• Working now as a remote Medicare Advantage Coder for Optum.• Alicia will tell you that not only does she love medical coding but she has a passion for teaching it.• Presently Alicia lives in West Texas and is married with six children (no that is not a typo!)
- 6. Who is Alicia?
- 7. • Master of Ceremonies for CCO Q&AWebinars• Web Administrator forCodingCertification.Org• Business coachWho is Boyd?
- 8. And the rest of the CCO Webinar Team?Lisa Perez – Marketing DirectorRuth Sheets, CPC-A, Administrative SpecialistSylvia Ann Wiegand, Administrative Assistant – HelpdeskRead More https://www.cco.us/about-us/
- 9. Stay to the EndFor…• Giveaways• AAPC CEU IndexCode for 1 CEU
- 10. Special Announcement: WEBINAR CEUs !Monthly CCO Webinars:• * Now worth 1 CEU• per meeting• * 12 free CEUs per year-Regular Attendees-Replay Club Membershttps://www.cco.us/club
Slideshare: May 2013 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
- 11. Laurie Hardin (passed CPC 4/20/13)Carmen Lassiter (passed CPC 04/25/13)Amarjit Singh (I am CPC as of December 2012 and my wife as of January 2013)Deborah Riddle (passed CPC)Kimberly Kerr (passed CPC)Diann DeAngelis (passed CPC)Denise Hattub (passed CPC)Anyone else out there who passed recently? Congratulations to…
- 12. PollPoll – What codingcredential do you have?
- 13. Student Case StudiesOur Special Guest Tonight…Diann DeAngelis, CPC-ABlitz customer and a Nurse Thank you note
- 14. PollPoll – What codingcredential do you WANT?
- 15. Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Medical Coding Course (PBC), Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC); 150 Question Downloadable CPC Practice Exam (included in PBC), Combo MTA + PBC Course (includes all of the above); NEW – Facility Based Medical Coding Course (FBC) (CPC-H course)CEU WebinarsICD-10-CM MiniCourseCodingCertification.Org/Products Quick Outline of Product Lineup
- 16. Coding Detached RetinaA case of patient being seen for a detached retina. ANSWER
- 17. During my internship I’ve noticed that some CPT codes are reported to Medicare using a HCPCS code (often aG code). I assume somewhere on the CMS site I canfind a correlation of these codes, so I can write them inmy book, but I have not yet. Any idea where I couldlook? Thanks! ANSWER CPT vs HCPCS codes
- 18. Coding for Physicals- V70.0 vs V72.3x Sharla asks -When pt presents for annual physical and has GYN components to the exam, which ICD-9 would be used asprimary dx V70.0 or V72.3x? There is conflicting information out there on this subject, it seems some folks use both codes with V70.0 as primary and some only use V72.3x. ANSWER
- 19. I would love to hear some discussion on the differences of the diagnostic/therapeutic wedge resections (32666 – 32668) and also the wedgeresections/biopsies (32607-32608). There is a lot of confusion with these codes between our coders, surgeons, and auditing department. Many times the surgeons will leave out wording such as complete resection orattention to margins and we have been told to then code it as a 32608 (fora lung mass) – even though the number of incisions and the rest of the opnote and path report matches the description for a therapeutic wedge. Thereimbursement is considerably different and this is causing a great deal ofstress between departments. Id really enjoysome information on this!! ANSWERCoding for Lungs and Pleura Procedures
- 20. EMR VendorsI keep hearing about different EMR vendors. What are the more common ones that I should be aware of? ANSWER
- 21. I work in a Outpatient Cancer Center Facility and have a question on a newpatient E&M visit. We have a new patient that scheduled a SecondOpinion/New patient consultation appt. Patients family came into the officewithout the patient for second opinion regarding his disease management.The patient was too ill to come into the appointment. Do you know if thereis a New Patient E&M visit that we can bill? The visit was more than 30minutes with more than 50% of the time in counseling. ANSWER New Pt Consult w/Family & Pt not Present
- 22. Nerve Block Follow up Care When coding continuous nerve blocks 64415, 64446 or64448 how do you code for the follow up when the patient issent home with the catheter and the follow up is being donevia telephone by the anesthesiologist? ANSWER
- 23. If a patients cc is throwing up/diarrhea, and the patientreceived an IV Push of Zofran & hydration for 2 hours,would it be coded as 96374, 96361 (2)? Also, are there any cheat sheets or flow charts that explain how to codeinfusions, pushes & hydrations? – Kathy O ANSWER IV Push/Hydration
- 24. Elevated Troponin — What is the correct code for elevated troponin, without mention of any definite diagnosis-790.5/790.6 or 790.99?- Sujidha ANSWER
- 25. Coding Difficult Op Reports Bilateral Myocutaneous Pectoralis Muscle Flap ANSWER
- 26. Like us onFacebook Help Us Get The Word Out
- 27. Follow us on Twitter ; Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube, Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials Help Us Get The Word Out
- 28. Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen Free Drawing! Your Choice of http://random.org
- 29. Our Facility-Based Medical Coding Course (FBC) is built and accepting students NOW – will you be one of them?Prepares you for the CPC-H which is Non-Inpatient Hospital Coding $300 Off Until?……Anyone else thinking of getting this credential? (poll) CPC-H Course Open
- 30. Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- 31. Thanks For Being With Us!
Learn More Information about Medical Coding Webinar
Submit your review
Average rating: 0 reviews