The May 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Certification Webinar from www. discussed several Medical Coding topics of interest to medical coders including Cardiology, Orthopedics, Path & Lab: Panels and Drug Screenings, Diagnosis for Growth Evaluation, Abstracting a Coding Case, How to Determine Bundling/CCI, and External Causes of Morbidity. New courses in auditing (CPMA) and ICD-10-PCS coding were announced. The highlights of CodingCertification.Org’s product line were discussed. Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I and Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, were the presenters.
Here are the content and topics discussed on the slide:
- Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- May 2014
- Twitter Chat (optional but fun!) ● Twitter Chat Service is up ● http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat ● log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat ● It automatically puts our hash tag #ccochat on all messages
- Stay to the End For… ● Giveaways ● AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
- Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
Slideshare: May 2014 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar
- Lisa Allen (passed CPC 4/24/14) Annette Trimble (passed CPC 5/8/14) Peter Lopez (passed CPC) Terry Mokes (passed CPC 5/22/14) Anyone else out there who passed recently? Congratulations to…
- Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse or ICD-10 FULL Course Medical Billing Course (PBB) http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Quick Outline of Product Lineup
- For those wanting to become a certified professional medical auditor – CPMA we will be starting a new class Wednesday nights starting June 18th until August 20th. Enroll by May 31st for deep discount of $380.05! Look for email in the next day or so. Announcing New Auditing Course! https://www.cco.us/certified-professional-medical-auditor-cpma-course-exam-preparation
- And another new course! https://www.cco.us/icd-10-pcs-procedural-coding-course Class Starts Tuesday June 3 to Aug 13 7 Central, 6 EST
- Poll Interested in any of our new courses coming out?
- Cardiology The Conduction System of the Heart coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathy and valve disease ANSWER
- Poll Poll – What coding credential do you HAVE?
- Ortho Why do I need to know the different types of fractures as a coder? asks Jennifer ANSWER
- Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package (CPC Blitz) 17 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each ICD-10-CM Mini Course 8 CEUs! ICD-10-CM Full Course 37.5 CEUs! Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) 30.5 CEUs! http://CodingCertification.Org/Products Other CEUs from CCO!
- Pathology & Lab was not my best friend on the CPC exam ~ can you guys focus a bit on that part of the CPT next month? Thanks in advance. ANSWER Path & Lab: Panels
- Diagnosis for Growth Evaluation What diagnosis code can be used for a 3 year old seen for a growth evaluation. The only provider used a diagnosis code for prematurity. No other reason was in the notes. ANSWER
- Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- ● ICD-10-CM Mini Course ○ 40 hour course equivalent ○ using Carol Buck’s “Step-by-Step Medical Coding” ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie ● ICD-10-CM Practice Exams ICD-10 Prep CCO Style
- Abstracting a Coding Case I need more practice pulling the important information out of the cases when I read them stated Lawrence. ANSWER
- How would we know if a procedure is bundled in with another procedure? I'm getting confused with the codes that have “separate procedure” at the end of them and I'm trying to figure out how could we tell if we need to use those or not? Any example would be very helpful 🙂 -Margaret via LinkedIn ANSWER Bundling
- External Causes of Morbidity A new ICD-10-CM student recently asked if there was going to be E-Codes in ICD-10-CM. ANSWER
- CCO eBooks!
- Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification http: Help Us Get The Word Out
- Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials Help Us Get The Word Out
- Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen Free Drawing! Your Choice of: http://random.org
- Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- Questions In The Chat ANSWERS
- Thanks For Being With Us!
Get More Information about Medical Coding Webinar
Submit your review