The May 2015 Q&A Medical Coding Webinar from Certification Coaching Org (CCO), discussed a variety of topics of interest to outpatient, inpatient, and HCC medical coders including Auto Liability, PPM – Denials and $$ Take backs, IRF Coding, HCC Requirements, Corneal Crosslinking, and Separate Procedures. Certification Coaching Org’s product offerings, the CCO Replay Club which allows members to review past monthly webinars and obtain CEUs, and Certification Coaching Org’s CEU offerings were also discussed.
Here are the topics discussed in the slide:
- 1. Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- May 2015
- 2. CCO May 2015 Q and A Webinar Agenda: 90-120 min II: Q&A from our Instructors ● JoAnne: PPM – Denials and $$ take backs ● JoAnne: Auto Liability ● Alicia: IRF Coding ● Alicia: HCC Requirements ● Laureen: Separate Procedures ● Laureen: Corneal Crosslinking I: Introduction ● Healthcon 2015 Headshots update ● Recent CCO Graduates/ You Too? ● Announcements and Course Updates IV: Your Questions in the Chat Ask Along the way in the Questions box If your question isn’t selected, post it on our forum where fellow coders can help: https://www.cco.us/forum/ III: Close – @ 90 min-’ish’ ● Wrapup ● Drawing ● CEU Certificate Download
- 3. Why Stay To The End? Giveaway! Free Drawing of Your Choice of 1 of the following: Blitz Video Package | 2 CEU Webinars | 1 Hour Session with Laureen or Alicia and… Your AAPC CEU link for 1.5 CEU
- 4. First Webinar With Us? Poll How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- 5. FYI: Headshots Sent Out Reminder: Check Your Email: Subject: [CCO] Your Healthcon 2015 Headshots Have Arrived 🙂
- 6. CCO Congratulations to Recent Graduates! Recent Not Here? Type in the Questions Box | Certification/Date Helen Glinski 4/18/2015 Passed CPC Lois Cole 4/23/2015 Passed CPC Lori Carson 4/14/2015 Completed ICD 10 course Lori Carson 4/28/2015 Passed ICD-10 Assessment Bonnie Taylor 4/1/2015 Passed ICD-10 Assessment Michaelene Britt Buess 5/4/2015 Passed CCS Connie Knight 3/26/2015 Completed HCC Course Cynthia Garcia 5/10/2015 Passed CPC Blitz Cynthia Garcia 5/10/2015 Passed CPC Kari Heath 5/2/2015 Passed CRC Christy Dale 5/9/2015 Passed CPC
- 7. Congratulations to… Sharon Andersen 5/7/2015 Passed ICD-10 Assessment Jackie Leslie 5/14/2015 CPC Blitz Jackie Leslie 5/14/2015 Passed ICD-10 Assessment Margaret Wagner 5/14/2015 Passed CPC Kelly Link 5/17/2015 Passed CPC Blitz Kelly Link 5/17/2015 Passed CPC John Crescenti 5/9/2015 Passed COC Lori Holtzinger 5/16/2015 Passed CPC Kathleen Emery 5/20/2015 Passed CPC Blitz Kathleen Emery 5/20/2015 Passed CPC
- 8. ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding & Reporting ATTENTION: FY 2015 – NEW CHANGES NOW POSTED http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/icd/icd10cm_guidelines_2015.pdf How to read the document: ● FY 2015 Narrative changes appear in bold text ● Items underlined have been moved within the guidelines since the FY 2014 ● Italics are used to indicate revisions to heading changes
- 9. New Name – New Website and a new domain: cco.us short and sweet ~ bookmark it today!
- 10. New Helpdesk ~ Current URL below – our HelpDesk platform: helpdesk.cco.us (You can search the knowledge base, create a ticket and check up on existing tickets)
- 11. ● ICD-10-CM Blitz – new! ○ Prepare to pass the Proficiency Assessment exam with ease!! ○ 16 hour course equivalent ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie ● ICD-10-CM Practice Exams ○ Free 50 Question Exam ○ Paid 50 Question Exam – $29.95 The Future of Coding >> ICD-10 Prep – CCO Style
- 12. Risk Adjustment presented by Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CCO Education Director with Content contribution by Subject Matter Expert: Holly Cassano, CPC CRC Credential- Risk Adjustment HCC Coding Course Is Here! Our HCC Course has 16 jam-packed Modules on register here >> http://cco.pe/10qGz8g
- 13. Poll Poll – What AAPC coding credential do you HAVE?
- 14. Coding Q and A | May 2015 JoAnne: Auto Liability Joanne: PPM – Denials and $$ Take backs Alicia: IRF Coding Alicia: HCC Requirements Laureen: Corneal Crosslinking Laureen: Separate Procedures
- 15. Auto Liability Q: Is it acceptable when a patient comes in for an e/m that is auto-liability (related to auto accident), but at the end of that visit expresses health related issues that physician addresses to bill an e/m code assessed for auto to the liability company and an e/m code to the health ins for the health problems the same day? ANSWER
- 16. PPM Denials and $ Take backs Q: I work for a busy 3-doctor orthopedic surgery practice. We have been experiencing serious revenue issues with increased denials and money take backs. I am not sure where to begin resolving the problems but the surgeons are getting very concerned. Do you have any recommendations? ANSWER
- 17. IRF Coding Q: Can anyone elaborate on IRF coding? ANSWER
- 18. HCC Requirements Q: Could you address what course work a Risk Adjustment/ HCC coder needs that is different than what was needed for CPC? ANSWER
- 19. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- 20. Corneal Crosslinking Which CPT code can be used for corneal crosslinking? ANSWER
- 21. Separate Procedure Q: Could you review “separate procedure”? And give examples. ANSWER
- 22. COURSES ★ Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) ★ Physician Based Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) ★ Facility Based Medical Coding (FBC) (COC course) ★ ICD-10-CM Course ★ ICD-10-PCS Course ★ Medical Billing Course (PBB) ★ Medical Coding Auditing Course (PBMA) ★ Physician Practice Management Course (PPM) ★ HCC Risk Adjustment Course ★ Medical Coding Practicum (MCP) Course with Practicode Quick Lineup of CCO Courses Reviews & Mock Exams ★ CPC Exam Review Blitz Package ★ CPC Mini-Mock Practice Exams ★ ICD-10-CM Blitz Package ★ ICD-10-CM Mini-Mock Practice Exams For full listing see: cco.us/Products
- 23. Poll Are you interested in any of our course subjects you haven’t yet taken?
- 24. LIKE us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification Help Us Get The Word Out
- 25. www.YouTube.com/MedicalCodingCert
- 26. Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen (or Alicia) Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Pick Winner
- 27. WEBINAR CEU's – REPLAY CLUB Monthly CCO Webinars: ● * Worth 1 to 1.5 CEU per meeting Replay Club: ● * up to 12 free CEUs (or more) per year ● (for indicated Webinars) – Regular Attendees – Replay Club Members https://www.cco.us/club
- 28. ”CCO Swag – Pay it Forward” Program http://www.cafepress.com/CCOSwag CCO-BRAND SPECIALTY STORE Here is where CCO wants to partner with YOU so we can all “Pay it Forward”. The profit from all CCO Swag purchases will go into a scholarship fund for worthy students trying to afford CCO courses in their quest to enter the profession. You can purchase at the store now.
- 29. If you don’t already receive our newsletter, send a message to helpdesk.cco.us request to join ‘The Insider’s Club’ (Send from the email address you wish to receive your newsletter) Join the “CCO Insider’s Club” Monthly Newsletter Monthly articles by Laureen — she wants you to be ‘In the Know’ ‘Snidbits’ by Alicia ● Timely Industry Announcements ● The Course Corner ● Remote Seminar Partners ● Congratulations to our Grads! ● Testimonials – what are people saying? ● Current Blog links Get Access to Our Best Free Medical Coding and Reimbursement Resources!
- 30. Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each ICD-10-CM Blitz Course (ICD-10 CM Proficiency Assessment) 16 CEUs! ICD-10-CM Full Course 40 CEUs! Facility Based Coding Course (FBC) 40 CEUs! Physician Practice Manager (PPM) 6.5 CEUs! Physician Based Billing Course (PBB) 18.5 CEUs! Physician Based Medical Auditing (PBMA) 12.5 CEUs! http://cco.us/products Looking to Fulfill your CEU Requirement? More CEUs from CCO!
- 31. Questions In The Chat ICD-10 DX Codes My question for later is is it true that ICD-10 will only take (most insurance companies) only 4 dx codes? – Theresa
- 32. Questions In The Chat Workers Comp Question for Joann. If it is workers comp pt is it a problem for the doctor to put other conditions on the claim. Would this be a HIPAA problem? Additional other conditions I mean like health conditions.
- 33. Questions In The Chat Manuals for coders/billers Do payers have manuals that coders/billers can use? Sounds like most have their own rules. Like CMS won't accept modifier 50, they want RT LT based on the internship workplace.
- 34. Questions In The Chat Is HCC for Insurance Companies? Is HCC Coding just for Insurance Companies or an Outpatient Office can code HCC?
- 35. Questions In The Chat ICD-9 or ICD-10 Do I want to take the cpc for ICD-10 or go ahead with the ICD-9, as that is what I am studying for and hoping to take in June?
- 36. Thanks For Being With Us!
Attendees’ questions on various coding topics were answered. Educational topics were presented by Jo-Anne Sheehan, CPC, CPC-I, CPPM; Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I; and Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-I, CMSCS, CHCI, CPPM. The host for the webinar was Boyd Staszewski.
Find out More Details about Medical Coding Webinar