Slideshare November 2013 Q & A Medical Coding Certification Webinar from CodingCertification.org discussed many medical coding topics of interest to medical coders. The educational offerings for ICD-10-CM were compared and discussed.
More Topic Discussed in the Slide:
- 1. Coding Certification Q & A Webinar- November 2013
- 2. Twitter Chat (optional but fun!) • • • • Twitter Chat Service is up http://tweetchat.com/room/ccochat log in to your twitter account first then login to tweetchat It automatically puts our hash tag #ccochat on all messages
- 3. Poll Poll – How many CCO webinars have you attended?
- 4. Stay to the End For… • Giveaways • AAPC CEU Index Code for 1 CEU
- 5. WEBINAR CEU’s ! Monthly CCO Webinars: * Now worth 1 CEU per meeting • • • * 12 free CEUs per year -Regular Attendees -Replay Club Members https://www.cco.us/club
- 6. Other CEUs from CCO! Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) 40 CEUs! Review Blitz Video Package 13 CEUs! CEU Classes (On Demand) ranging from 1 – 4 CEUs each http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- 7. Congratulations to… Linda Stricklin (passed CPC-H 9/7/13) Donna Earley (passed CPC 11/5/13) Jodi Stablein (passed CPC 10/25/13) Chaya Wieder (passed CPC 11/13/13) Nichola Ellis (passed CPC 11/14/13) Debra Ousley (passed CPC 11/17/13) Delos C (passed CPC 11/18/13) Anyone else out there who passed recently?
- 8. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you have?
- 9. Poll Poll – What coding credential do you WANT?
- 10. Quick Outline of Product Lineup Medical Terminology & Anatomy Course (MTA) Physician Based Medical Coding Course (PBC) (CPC course) Facility-Based Medical Coding Course (FBC) (CPC-H course) Review Blitz Video Package (included in PBC) Mini-Mock Practice Exams CEU Classes (On Demand) ICD-10-CM MiniCourse ICD-10 FULL Course http://CodingCertification.Org/Products
- 11. ICD-10 Prep CCO Style ● ICD-10-CM Mini Course ○ 40 hour course equivalent ○ using Carol Buck’s “Step-by-Step Medical Coding” ● ICD-10-CM Full Course **Payment Plan Now Available** ○ 80 hour course equivalent ○ using “Understanding ICD-10-CM” text by Bowie ● ICD-10-CM Practice Exams
- 12. New Partnership! +
- 13. Poll Poll – What region of the country are you from?
- 14. Granularity and Laterality A student asked: “There are terms used in ICD-10-CM that I did not see in ICD-9-CM. Can you explain granularity and laterality?” ANSWER
November 2013 Medical Coding Webinar
- 15. Stick & Stuff Codes For code 90636 “stuff” HepA & HepB would i use “stick” code 90471. Code 90645 (4 dose schedule) is each dose scheduled at different times if so would you use “stuff code” 90645 and “stick code” 90471 ANSWER
- 16. OBV vs ER My question is simple.. when there is a 760 OBV charge on the claim with an 450 ER charge as well. That claim is no longer a ER bill correct? ANSWER
- 17. Anesthesia Consultation Pre-anesthesia consultation (ie referral by the surgeon to the anesthetist) prior to surgery, can someone explain to me the criteria for code selection 99241,99242,99243,99244 or 99245? Because many times HPI will have few elements only when Medical decision making will be High. ANSWER
- 18. Glaucoma Coding For Glaucoma bilateral dif types and dif stages, code each type but highest stage correct? Thanks, Carolyn ANSWER
- 19. Physician Services 99221 or 99281 Hi! So if you are coding for the physician services only in the ED setting and the physician is NOT an employee of the hospital – he is independent of the hospital, and the patient is admitted to the hospital do you code the level charge from 99221-99223 or 99281-99285 for the physician services? Thanks! Linda ANSWER
- 20. Modifiers OB and OA Was doing a practice test and came across this question. “Which modifier would you use to report with code 88239 if the test was looking for hereditary cancer?” I can’t even find these modifiers in my book(CPT prof edition) the answer sheet reports to look in Appendix I under sub category Cytogenetic studies.Thanks ….Sue ANSWER
- 21. Nerve Block Follow Up When coding continuous nerve blocks 64415, 64446 or 64448 how do you code for the follow up when the patient is sent home with the catheter and the follow up is being done via telephone by the anesthesiologist? ANSWER
- 22. Sports Physical If a provider has coded a V70.3 sports physical & throughout document states and supports the well child check V20.2 and he has charged out an (regular E & M 99213 with V70.3) is a coder allowed to change the codes to preventative code 99383 w/V20.2 as long as documentation is there? ANSWER
- 23. CCO eBooks!
- 24. Help Us Get The Word Out Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/CodingCertification http:
- 25. Help Us Get The Word Out Follow us on Twitter Subscribe and leave a comment on YouTube Your Testimonials! https://www.cco.us/testimonials
- 26. Free Drawing! Your Choice of: Blitz Video Package or 2 CEU Webinars or 1 Hour Session with Laureen http://random.org
- 27. Questions in the Chat? HELP!
- 28. Thanks For Being With Us!
Attendees’ questions on various topics were answered.These included ICD-10 Granularity and Laterality, Vaccine Administration Codes, OBV and ER observation, Anesthesia Consultation, Glaucoma Coding, Physician Services 99221 or 99281, Modifiers OB and OA, Nerve Block Follow-up, And Sports Physical. Presenters were Laureen Jandroep, CPC, CPC-I, CMSCS, CHCI and Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I.
Get More Details about Medical Coding Webinar